Colourvision ColourPlus?


Status
Not open for further replies.

nuts

Senior Member
Jan 21, 2002
2,051
0
36
47
www.roving-light.com
#1
Saw the announcement in dpreview. Anyone knows whats the difference between this ColourPlus and the Spyder stuff?
Thanks!

regards
..NuTs..
 

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
2,927
0
0
#2
thinking of getting this. Anyone tried it? Heard cathay photo got sell??
 

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
2,927
0
0
#4
I am thinking of getting the cheap colorplus. It seems to be available in the states for like $89 (street) but how come here in Singapore it is selling for like $!99?????? Is there anywhere other than Cathayphoto that sells this??? Else any good online retailer that ships to singapore?
 

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
2,927
0
0
#5
Just got my colorplus from cathayphoto for like $199.

Impressions, well the usage setup is VERY simple even for a newbie like me. I guess it is because everything is preset. :)

I tested its accuracy according to this page
http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html

Tried a few times. The best result I got was when I applied a slight pressure using my hand ALL throughout the calibration process.

It passed the tests BUT I found out one thing, my Philips 170B5 LCD screen IS VERY SENSITITVE to viewing angles. I mean a few angles off, everything is screwed....

Tried other test.
http://www.photoscientia.co.uk/Gamma.htm

mmm... looks like my gamma is closer to 2.4 then 2.2..... ???? SO CONFUSING. give up...

?????

Are all LCDs like this?? Can you guys with LCDs visit the link and see if test monitor test pattern is highly dependent on your angle. (for mine, 10-20 degress vertical shift, you get a TOTALLY different gamma result)

:(
 

SNAG

Senior Member
Jun 14, 2002
1,644
0
36
33
Visit site
#6
Thanks to wind30 for the brief review.

Anyone knows what are the differences between the ColourPlus, Spyder, and SpyderPro (as in whether they are s/w or hardware differences).

Rather tempted to get the ColourPlus though.
 

Jun 26, 2004
23
0
0
#7
SNAG said:
Thanks to wind30 for the brief review.

Anyone knows what are the differences between the ColourPlus, Spyder, and SpyderPro (as in whether they are s/w or hardware differences).

Rather tempted to get the ColourPlus though.
Correct me if I am wrong. Spyder Pro is a more professional version than Spyder. I bought Spyder Pro from Cathay. As for ColourPlus, I didn't really check out the differences. There are also EyeOne...
 

SNAG

Senior Member
Jun 14, 2002
1,644
0
36
33
Visit site
#8
agnesmullen said:
Correct me if I am wrong. Spyder Pro is a more professional version than Spyder. I bought Spyder Pro from Cathay. As for ColourPlus, I didn't really check out the differences. There are also EyeOne...
Thanks for the reply...
Just to clarify, what I wanted to ask was for the 3 versions of Spyder (ie, Spyder, Spyder Pro ColorPlus), what are the exact differences?

Are there only differences in the software (ie, ColourPlus vs PhotoCal vs OptiCal) alone? Are the spectrometers the same for all the 3 products?
 

nuts

Senior Member
Jan 21, 2002
2,051
0
36
47
www.roving-light.com
#9
I suspect its s/w differences only as the h/w looks exactly the same... but u never know the internals...
unless somebody has both to test out...


SNAG said:
Thanks for the reply...
Just to clarify, what I wanted to ask was for the 3 versions of Spyder (ie, Spyder, Spyder Pro ColorPlus), what are the exact differences?

Are there only differences in the software (ie, ColourPlus vs PhotoCal vs OptiCal) alone? Are the spectrometers the same for all the 3 products?
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#11
Forget it. I have the Spyder Pro & Colour Plus software, the colorimeter's hardware firmware I believe has been coded to not work with Spyder Pro software. I've already tested it on my PC & Laptop, the software refuses to work with colour vision's colorimeter.

Didn't think they were that smart ;)



Have my eye set on eye one now... hmmm :think:
 

SNAG

Senior Member
Jun 14, 2002
1,644
0
36
33
Visit site
#12
espn said:
Forget it. I have the Spyder Pro & Colour Plus software, the colorimeter's hardware firmware I believe has been coded to not work with Spyder Pro software. I've already tested it on my PC & Laptop, the software refuses to work with colour vision's colorimeter.

Didn't think they were that smart ;)



Have my eye set on eye one now... hmmm :think:
Haha... I think espn got my thoughts. :D

Checked the colourvision site, and realised that the ColourPlus's h/w is different from the Sypder series, but on another site, they mentioned that the difference between the Spyder & Spyder Pro is the s/w.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom