Colours of Labrador (Singapore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodelFMiguel

Apr 2, 2007
Hello,

Just sharing my Labrador-scapes. Hope you like it!

oiler
492540993_43a41fb00b_o.jpg

smoke
492523991_bce078b404_o.jpg

coastal storm
492523989_2ffd2c8876_o.jpg

rocky beach
492523995_aa2ada815c_o.jpg

fishing bridge
492523965_33c951ba45_o.jpg

C&C are welcome. Hope you like this set.

watch out for the tilt in the last pic. .:)

nice pics overall. .i like the smog picture(no.2)

Good work

nice effects. :thumbsup: how did you do it?

nice pics, but pic 1,2,3,5 are abit too noisy. you may want to watch out on that! =)

Don't like the noise too..alittle too much. I like the smoke one, got one about the same some time back.

Too much contrast done to the pictures i guessed? Even the water seemed abit noisy given the slow shutter which should be on tripod.

I noticed 3 problems. Over contrast, over saturation, and too much noise.

Hello,

Thanks for your critiques. Yes, it is noisy, but dont know how to remove it when I converted to JPEG. It doesn't seem to show when I was doing post processing. Anyway, It seems to add on the effect, and I liked it. Can we post TIFF on ClubSnap? I tried looking at them @ TIFF and there is little or no noise that is noticeable. Can you help me on that?

About too much saturation: I actually want to bias the colours to blue, yellow, green, etc. on the different photos. That's why I called it Colours of Labrador. :) Too much contrast, I agree, and I have to watch out for it.

Post Processing:
1. Adjust curves and levels to your liking.
2. Selective colour adjustment to your liking.
3. Merge visible.
4. Copy of the new layer.
5. New layer should be overlay, hardlight, or soft light (depends on what you want) @ 50% opacity
6. Create a colour dodge brush at 10% opacity
7. Eye dropper tool to the highlights
8. Brush all the way you want

This is the same effect on creating a TAN for portrait/beauty shots.
Thanks for your critiques.

Regards,
Rodel

why is there so much noise? Do you handheld all those shots? What camera/lens you use? iso?

Very grainy.. Hrm.

And looks a bit overly PS'ed. =) A little grain is fine at times but this is really too much. =(

why is there so much noise? Do you handheld all those shots? What camera/lens you use? iso?

Hello miniUltraman,

I think ISO is at 300 or 400. I am not sure now. However, only blue mood, coastal storm, and smoke have tripod during the shot. Anyway, it's probably because of the conversion to JPEG that caused so much noise.

Hello miniUltraman,

I think ISO is at 300 or 400. I am not sure now. However, only blue mood, coastal storm, and smoke have tripod during the shot. Anyway, it's probably because of the conversion to JPEG that caused so much noise.
?

Which camera are you using? Noise shouldn't appear when converting to JPG, I think. At most artefacting and compression, possibly banding.

Did you use the highest quality setting? And no, TIFF is a killer for space, hee hee.

?

Which camera are you using? Noise shouldn't appear when converting to JPG, I think. At most artefacting and compression, possibly banding.

Did you use the highest quality setting? And no, TIFF is a killer for space, hee hee.

I am quite sure that it is because of the conversion. :) Is there a plugin that would remove this noise? Yup, I used highest quality setting when converting to JPEG. I dont know if PS really does that. Maybe I need a little more research... Hee hee... Anyway, thanks for your critique. Have to learn some more... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.