colour

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have desaturated the image and painted in the colours manually... though there are probably a dozen other ways to achieve the effect.

yeah, there are different ways. perhaps using selections or masks, and tweaking the hue/saturation, or colorize functions...

edit: just 5 mins of fooling around with the GIMP and one of my pics got me this:

DSC_9032_colourise.JPG

i guess the effect should be more subtle but it's not difficult.

make it B+W
select with soft brush
colourise/colorize
repeat for other selections until satisfied

I agree with D7t3 on the 2nd image.
The first image can be achieved by cross processing. Take picture with negative film and process with E6, the slide processing solution.

Heartshape said:
I agree with D7t3 on the 2nd image.
The first image can be achieved by cross processing. Take picture with negative film and process with E6, the slide processing solution.
No you can't get it with cross processing because the grass is still green.
How I think it was done is toning the upper portion with amber and the lower portion with green and then playing with the contrast. if you look at some of the grass strands above the 'ground' you can see that they are amber while the stalk below is green.

yah, i don't think x-process gives u that kind of colour anyway.

basically it's as lsisaxon says. the slightly disturbing stalk on the left side shows. i suppose you could always mask it out nicely...

Status
Not open for further replies.