Colour print out is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlpk007

Sep 24, 2002
Singapore.
Visit site
I am using a old epson c63 colour printer..
I have been printing my photo with Canon DPP software.the colour printout is always not the same as my monitor..

I know i need to do some tweaking to the colour profile but i cant much information online with DPP ..can someone tell me where i need to tweak for the colour printout to be same as the display on my monitor?

Thanks in advance

Maybe it is your monitor that is not calibrated?

Maybe it is your monitor that is not calibrated?

Do i need some hardware to calibrate it? or i cant calibrate it using software?

My pictures print out always turns out much darker and yellowish tint..haiz...

There are calibrating softwares (but usually come with hardware as well). Something like Spyder.

Or it could also be your printer's colour profile set to some 'effects.' Or it can also be due to your camera's colour space.

To have a accurate colour reproduction, you would need to calibrate both your monitor and printer. The printing paper would also need to be taken into account.

Spyder and eye-one display are two of the few hardwares you can look at.

To have a accurate colour reproduction, you would need to calibrate both your monitor and printer. The printing paper would also need to be taken into account.

Spyder and eye-one display are two of the few hardwares you can look at.

guess i will just send for printing then.......:)
Thanks to all

guess i will just send for printing then.......:)

That doesn't help much. If you don't have a profiled display then all your editing is .. useless or even worse. Without neutral reference you won't get good results. The lab might be good and apply some "standard, fits all" settings - but first it will undo and "correct" all your work and secondly: is this what you really want?
If you send to lab then don't do anything, let them use the standard settings there.

if dont have hardware calibrator

trust your eyes, there are software calibrators that work quite well also. nvidia has one give it a try.

made alot of difference to my pictures personally and understood why my friends keep saying my pic very cool

if dont have hardware calibrator

trust your eyes, there are software calibrators that work quite well also. nvidia has one give it a try.

made alot of difference to my pictures personally and understood why my friends keep saying my pic very cool

what is the name of the software??
my notebook graphic is ATI and they don't provide such tools..

suspect is my printer...using those 3rd party ink .Test print and the yellow looks a bit weird...the photo paper was also given by them FOC...
Will try with original Epson Ink and paper

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.