Not open for further replies.

Palangsi

Jan 9, 2006
Marsiling
www.dreamstime.com
Colour gel party at Botanic Gardens Botany Centre
Date: Saturday, 16 oct 2010
Time : 5pm to 8pm

The location is good as it is sheltered with toilets at the corner and a drinks vending machine. There is a food court under the botany centre. We will be around the area for the whole duration.

Colour gels are used to change the colour of the flashes. We can have different colour gels effects or use the colour gels to achieve certain creative effects.
we can dress a bit funky and maybe try to make a disco dance effect. I can do a little wee bit of jumpstyle and shuffle dance steps to make it interesting. I am sure everyone can try different styles of dance or poses.

Items to bring

DSLR
colour gels or any sort of coloured plastic like OHP overhead projector coloured transparency
Flash
Tripod
Flash triggers if needed otherwise check whether your camera allow off camera flash usage
Translucent umbrella ( Daiso ) or flash shoot through umbrella
I have some flashes and triggers to lend out to let people try.

Everyone is welcome even if they do not have the right equipment.

There is no price for this free outing as it is meant for everyone to share their skills.
Just come along and there is no need to inform me that you are coming.
Anyone who has feedback for me to improve the outing or other sheltered places please pm me.

Francis Wong 90070503

Ok let me start 1st. :):)

1)Kimazuru

1) Kimazuru
2) Fujisasuke
3)

1) Kimazuru
2) Fujisasuke
3) Devilry

1) Kimazuru
2) Fujisasuke
3) Devilry
4) alien73

hi francis,

please tag me along. i might be coming with a friend. thanks

walad j

I had fun the last outing but unfortunately not able to join for this outing..:( will try to make it for the next outing

1) Kimazuru
2) Fujisasuke
3) Devilry
4) alien73
5) Waladjam
6) SeldomHere

Francis,
If you wish to set it as a disco scene, do you think powder might help to create that kind of smoky atmosphere?

1) Kimazuru
2) Fujisasuke
3) Devilry
4) alien73
5) Waladjam
6) SeldomHere
7) reneey

Last edited:
maybe powder can, I was thinking of using some incense sticks to do it but not sure it is dangerous or not to create smoke that way.

I'll bring the powder and we'll see what works out better:)
See you.

maybe powder can, I was thinking of using some incense sticks to do it but not sure it is dangerous or not to create smoke that way.

Use paper bag bag, some alu foils, then you can gather the smoke in the bag. once enough you can squeeze the bag to expel the smoke.

How bout some sugar to create magical dust effect? will it works? Cos i was thinking since sugar are crystallized, it will reflect of the light when it is toss in the air.

Before we get too carried away with dusts, crystals and smoke, remember we need to leave the place tidy or we may be evicted.

If you bring powders, dusts, sugar, etc, remember to bring a broom/brush as well!

I will bring along an assortment of gels for people to use, along with a number of flashes, etc.

Look forward to seeing everyone after my absence last weekend.

SeldomHere

if you need incense i can provide.. just pm me if needed :thumbsup:

Seldomhere has a point, we must be careful about keeping the place tidy.
Fujisasuke, thanks for providing some incense.

By the way, since this outing will be in the evenings i will be shooting macro photography in the morning/afternoon say 10am - 5pm at botanic gardens. If any of you guys are interested feel free to join me, just give me a call. ;)

My Hp: 90487991

Best regards,

David

One interesting thing to try for people at the Canon photomarathon 2010 next saturday.

We can suggest to the Canon organisers to have a Mass flash event

How to achieve this effect

Every canon flash set to slave flash setting Channel 1 group A.
I guess one master flash controlling so many flashes has never been tried before even by Nikon Nuke blaster Joe McNally.

The master flash from the official photographer will take command of all canon flashes to fire at the same time. This can make the CANON name standout in the crowd if they have their flashes gelled to a certain colour like red, up to them to decide.

Next everyone take off their flash from their camera hotshoe and raise it pointing to the ceiling ( maybe point towards floor also). Locate the test or pilot button and press it to fire their flashes on command from the official photographer.

The whole hall will have the flashes fire at the same time when the official photographer takes a one second F22 shot Iso 100 and a one second F22 with 4 or 10 stop ND filter shot at iso 100. These shots must be shot within 10 seconds of each other as most flashes will go to sleep within 15 to 30 secs, this is to get maximum flashes awake at the same time to fire and recharge.

The guide number of average of all the flashes is maybe GN30 times 5000 people who fire at the same time = GN150,000 in the same room. Never done before in Singapore I think.

We will see if everyone can cooperate to pull this off, could be a world record.

Status
Not open for further replies.