Colour differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChenGuy

May 18, 2009
www.flickr.com
Hi guys, i dunno if this issue has beed brought up before anot. Anyway i realised that the colour i see in my CS3 and in flickr they dun look the same, anyone knows why? How can i make them look the same? Am i the only one having this problem? Its in jpeg format le.

So lets say i bring my memory card to print them out in 4R or so on, wud the colour be like in my CS3? Or will they look like those in my flickr. Thanks

Hi guys, i dunno if this issue has beed brought up before anot. Anyway i realised that the colour i see in my CS3 and in flickr they dun look the same, anyone knows why? How can i make them look the same? Am i the only one having this problem? Its in jpeg format le.

So lets say i bring my memory card to print them out in 4R or so on, wud the colour be like in my CS3? Or will they look like those in my flickr. Thanks

Go read up on colour profiling on the web and how it can differ.

this is because the color profile used in your cs3 is different from flickr. which browser you are using to view flickr also will affect. if it is firefox/ie, then likely using web srgb (something like that, based on monitor color).. so as long as your cs3 doesn't match that color profile you will have differences.

if you are using safari, then safari will use embedded icc profile if it is present.

anyways, do a google and read up on color management, color profiling, it will help you.

It depends... if the images contain colour profile information then chances are good. If not then the result can be anything. Check Digital Darkroom here, search for colour profile and you will get the information you need.
But first: have you profiled (calibrated) your monitor? Do that first, otherwise all other work is useless.

Is your mode in RGB, CMYK or Lab Colour?

For your problem, follow these steps:
Image > Mode > Set to RGB Color

RGB colour works for on-screen and lab printouts (colours quite near RGB).
BUT for injet printer, set it to CMYK for printing, unless your printer is those very high-end models.

Ohhh, alrite, thanks alot than. Guess i got to read up alot on such stuff.. So even the colours i see on my monitor are rich and nice, doesnt mean it will be nice on other com rite?

Thanks i will read up on the colour profile. Currently using a sumsung LCD monitor, didnt know it has to be CAL. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.