Colour correction for u/w photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

antacid

Sep 25, 2005
New York, Singapore
www.colouredshots.com
Hi guys,

Any tips or advice on how to correct u/w photos? i've got a ton of photos from my phuket trip but they're all blue (no strobe, rather deep).

hard to use curves to correct since there's no true black and white...

was wondering if there are any sites with a workflow maybe? would appreciate any help!

p.s. the dive trip was great! half the boat puked on the 2nd day at hin daeng/hin muang. hoho :confused:

there is a way but it's rather advanced photoshopping.

it's blue/green coz you are missing the reds in some parts.
if you look the photo in terms of it's red blue green channels (RGB channels), you'll notice red is almost all white, meaning there is little or no red.

here you have to copy either the green or blue channels for the parts you want to add red to onto the old red channel. that's the gist of it. how you do it is up to you to explore. i suggest you find out more on masking with photoshop.

hope you can understand it :D

uginz said:
there is a way but it's rather advanced photoshopping.

it's blue/green coz you are missing the reds in some parts.
if you look the photo in terms of it's red blue green channels (RGB channels), you'll notice red is almost all white, meaning there is little or no red.

here you have to copy either the green or blue channels for the parts you want to add red to onto the old red channel. that's the gist of it. how you do it is up to you to explore. i suggest you find out more on masking with photoshop.

hope you can understand it :D

thanks uginz and kthan..

from what i gather, basically copy the info from the blue/green channels and copy it into the red channel, then tweak it?

kthan> yes i've seen that thread..do you think it will fit in an A95 housing? how much does it cost, and where can i get it? thanks lots!

yup basically that.
replace the Red channel with either the Green or Blue channel.
but only do so for parts that you know are definately neither green nor blue.

antacid said:
thanks uginz and kthan..

from what i gather, basically copy the info from the blue/green channels and copy it into the red channel, then tweak it?

kthan> yes i've seen that thread..do you think it will fit in an A95 housing? how much does it cost, and where can i get it? thanks lots!

www.magic-filters.com u can find the ordering info there.

it will fit. just cut and place it inside the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.