Colour calibration for CRT monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UandMe

Sep 18, 2005
www.flickriver.com
Hi, I just used a colourplus tool to calibrate my monitor but it gives such an obvious red cast over my whole screen that it cannot be correct! :dunno:

Anyone knows what could be the problem? Thanks.

Try going through the manual and then redo the calibrateion again.

espn said:
Try going through the manual and then redo the calibrateion again.

there's basically no manual for it, was just told to follow the instructons on screen. maybe will try it at night again so that the whole room can be dark.

UandMe said:
there's basically no manual for it, was just told to follow the instructons on screen. maybe will try it at night again so that the whole room can be dark.
Then try again and make sure you followed the instructions carefully on the screen.

UandMe said:
doesn't work, i give up...:angry:
ColorVision ColorPlus? I used that for a while before I sold it, it worked pretty much fine on my screen (CRT) last time.

Why not try editing the image(s), post a few and I'll verify the colours for you off my screen?

espn said:
ColorVision ColorPlus? I used that for a while before I sold it, it worked pretty much fine on my screen (CRT) last time.

Why not try editing the image(s), post a few and I'll verify the colours for you off my screen?

Thanks espn! try to post a few later. But one thing, how do i know if i'm seeing the same thing as u? the more i look at all these colours, the more i'm not sure what should be perceived as 'correct' colours.

UandMe said:
Thanks espn! try to post a few later. But one thing, how do i know if i'm seeing the same thing as u? the more i look at all these colours, the more i'm not sure what should be perceived as 'correct' colours.
Might be your eyes not used to the new colours? My screen's profiled correctly already, so what I'll just feed back to you if the images look ok on my screen.

some pics, thanks espn!

2006_01240009.jpg

2006_01240014.jpg

2006_02030002.jpg

2006_02050010.jpg

Apart from the first shot, the rest looks ok to me.

Slight tint of red. But not that it spoilts the images, think it's the lack of punch in the colours that doesn't bring it out perhaps.

espn said:
Slight tint of red. But not that it spoilts the images, think it's the lack of punch in the colours that doesn't bring it out perhaps.

ic thanks a lot. these photos are edited before i used the colourvision colourplus. if i used the colour profile set by it, all my photos are going to show a heavy tint of red. so guess i'll just leave it in my cupboard first.

Status
Not open for further replies.