Colour & B/W Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Mar 4, 2002
Singapore
www.frednmich.com
As suggested by Bluestrike on another thread, here's a comparison between colour and B/W. Which versions do you like?

00.jpg

00_bw.jpg

04.jpg

04_bw.jpg

For the 1st pic, I prefer the colour one!
And the B/W for the 2nd.

I feel that for the 1st one, the position of the lady's hand and posure doesn't make the cut for B/W.. The hand draw too much attention liao. Too contrasty!

The second one look better, at least the attention is on the face portion! Look much more smooth.

No comment on the 3rd.

Btw, beside being in B/W, sometime, a bit of noise...grain ...could make the pic stand out too for B/W. Happy trying!;)

Sounds good, do PM me ;)

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Hhhmmm... I think one of these days, we shld meet up somwhere and discuss more abt such things... Guess we do share a thing or two.....

Originally posted by Fred
In the East, Pasir Ris :cool:

How about you?
AHahhahaaa.............
HAHAHAHAHAaaa.............
HEHEHEHHEEHahahahahhaa.............

I'm staying the West! Jurong East there!
Hehehahhahaaaa

well.... the east meet west!

Generally speaking, nice shoots, but dun you think that the shadow in the pictures are disturbing? ;)
My 2 cents worth of inputs.:D

Hahahaha.........:D :D then maybe Cityhall area is fair for us ;)

Originally posted by Bluestrike

AHahhahaaa.............
HAHAHAHAHAaaa.............
HEHEHEHHEEHahahahahhaa.............

I'm staying the West! Jurong East there!
Hehehahhahaaaa

well.... the east meet west!

Yes they are, what do you suggest? ;)

Maybe you can also check out the "Oriental Beauty" thread and tell us what you think :cool:

Originally posted by scanner
Generally speaking, nice shoots, but dun you think that the shadow in the pictures are disturbing? ;)
My 2 cents worth of inputs.:D

Originally posted by Fred
Yes they are, what do you suggest? ;)

Maybe you can also check out the "Oriental Beauty" thread and tell us what you think :cool:

A. I have read the other thread related to this, and I do agreed with BlueStrike that if the flash is stop down, let say abt -1 or -2 stop and letting the light source come mainly from the halogen bulb, the shadow might be "softer".

B. What do you think if U use a fast len without the flash? Will it be better? (Not sure about the lightning condition). BTW, what len U R using?

C. Or move the model further away from the black background. It will be definitely better. :D

Generally speaking, I think solution A is more feasible. ;)

I was like a kid with a new toy (flash in this case), attach and shoot without thinking :)

Using a faster lens will definitely give me better options; I could have switched it off. But then again, I may prefer to play with the flash. I was using Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4.0, set at 85mm, f4.

Definitely can't move the model, you'll know what I mean if you're there :(

Luckily the backdrop was black, if it were to be a white or light colour ...........

Thanks for the advice, will keep that in mind ;)

Originally posted by scanner

A. I have read the other thread related to this, and I do agreed with BlueStrike that if the flash is stop down, let say abt -1 or -2 stop and letting the light source come mainly from the halogen bulb, the shadow might be "softer".

B. What do you think if U use a fast len without the flash? Will it be better? (Not sure about the lightning condition). BTW, what len U R using?

C. Or move the model further away from the black background. It will be definitely better. :D

Generally speaking, I think solution A is more feasible. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.