ColorVision PrintFix Pro Suite Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsisaxon said:
Wah.. quite a task to do all 729 patches... Have you used PrintFix (not the Pro)? If so, how do they compare? PrintFix vs PrintFix Pro?

No, I haven't had any experience with PrintFix. The fact is I never interest in PrintFix alone b'cos at some point, I need to calibrate lab prints and PrintFix doesn't support that. Before I noted PrintFix Pro, I almost decided to buy EyeOne Photo kit. Luckily, now I have new budget to buy Epson P2000. :D

It has been quite a while since my last post. The reason is that I wanted to finish off my originial ink set before perform another round of calibration. At the moment, I have changed my ink set to third party ink from InkStation. My printer is Canon Primax 4000. Below are the different types of paper I have tested so far. I have been impress with the result, not only on high quality photo paper but not so good quality ones. I do found that this ink does not produce enough fine grain on prints when compare to original ink.

Konica professional photo glossy (>300gsm),729 color patches - produce marginally better colors than 225 color patches. Prints come very close the what was seen from my computer screen. Very good tone shift and contrast.

Photo glossy paper from InkStation (>235gsm) (20 pieces of A4 for $10), 729 patches - produce very good color. I can't tell the different in term of color when compare to Konica papers. Slight increase in grain.

Sepom Premium Photo Glossy paper 4R size 225 patches - produce very good color. I used to regret in the first place trying this paper but it bring it back to live. This paper is not white enough so it sort of affect on the light colors but it does come very close the other papers I tested above.

Sepom Photo Quality Double side 4R, 225 patches - produce almost equally colors then the Konica paper, this paper do produce significant visible grain on my prints.

Overall, I'm very satisfy with Colorvision PrintFix Pro. Spending $1270 on this device is money well spend for my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.