Colorful & Diamondful

akszaksz

6005377668_8718d8bbd8_o.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, Lighting, idea.
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Bright & catchy colors.
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Photo taken with 50D, 85 @ F2.0, 1/200, ISO400 w/ Nissin Flash & Softbox, flash is trigger wirelessly. All manual mode.
Diamonds are folded by myself some years ago. I manually poured these diamond over Danbo myself, at the same time using a wired shutter remote to take this shot.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Personally love the color tone of this shot. But I'm seeking to see whether is there anything that can make this photo better.

Thanks~!

can.. make him hold a diamond anot D:
put cheur hands up in the air!

Very nice leh... just my thought.. maybe reduce some of the diamonds lying around (Danbo) may look more standout? :p

As an exploration of colour I'd rather have the colours take centre stage. Think of a kaleidoscope if you want variety. If not think of a macro close-up of a flower that completely fills the frame for exploration of a single color with lines that hint at something more.

As for the lighting, there is a strange shadow in the top right just behind some diamonds. The shadows (adding black) also make the image softer, rather than making the colours pop. Again, if you wanted to explore colours, make them really shine through.

But that's just my two cents worth. I'm a lot more of an abstract shooter than you, so take it with a pinch of salt :)

As an exploration of colour I'd rather have the colours take centre stage. Think of a kaleidoscope if you want variety. If not think of a macro close-up of a flower that completely fills the frame for exploration of a single color with lines that hint at something more.

As for the lighting, there is a strange shadow in the top right just behind some diamonds. The shadows (adding black) also make the image softer, rather than making the colours pop. Again, if you wanted to explore colours, make them really shine through.

But that's just my two cents worth. I'm a lot more of an abstract shooter than you, so take it with a pinch of salt :)

Thanks for the precious advices, will try to explore 'deeper' =)

very creative ! I like the idea ...

maybe the diamonds can try not so reflective ones to make the colours more vibrant