Colored Contacts Yay or nay?!

Colored Contacts Yay or Nay?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQuestion

Jun 5, 2008
PenguinVille.
For the benefit of people wanting to vent or talk about the issue of sg models using colored contacts. Plz post your thoughts here. I'll start, personally i don't see a need for such things except for cosplay or in the movies. Otherside of those i think its an abberration and the way the contacts are marketed towards young women are questionable just like what they do with the idea of being slim. making people hate themselves for what they are just to make a few bucks...

some can pull it off while other cannot
so it depends on the person wearing it

just like some look good in a suit while other do not
some look good in a tiny red speedo while other should be arrested on sight

some can pull it off while other cannot
so it depends on the person wearing it

just like some look good in a suit while other do not
some look good in a tiny red speedo while other should be arrested on sight

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:thanks for contributing...was begining to think suddenly no one had an opinion :)

voted for nay.

Asethetic wise, those cant pull it off, real CMI.
Comfort wise, heard it is drying to the eyes.

if done tastefully, colored lenses are fine with me. but i guess ppl just want to be noticed at that age.

i'm not against those who wear colored contacts tastefully, but i loath those who put on some colors just to get noticed.

for example,

chinese with blue colored contacts = :thumbsd:
chinese with brown/hazel colored contacts = :thumbsup:

I'm not totally against them but I am for portraiture shots, which is where I made the comment - wonder if it started all this off. The un-natural ones certainly look alien to me and don't do anything to enhance anyones look.

If I was the photographer and the model had them in, I would tell her to remove them or we don't shoot.

I'm not totally against them but I am for portraiture shots, which is where I made the comment - wonder if it started all this off. The un-natural ones certainly look alien to me and don't do anything to enhance anyones look.

If I was the photographer and the model had them in, I would tell her to remove them or we don't shoot.

It kinda did, i started this because i felt that some of the comments that came after yours were getting alittle out of hand and made the girl featured in that thread possibly feel like she was on the receiving on for a faceless trend that others hated. that and i felt that the thread was getting derailed with people going on and on about colored contacts in general so thought the ot might be better served as an dedicated thread instead. On my own personal level yes i agree with your assessment entirely. they dun fit the asian look and therefore are an abberation disrupting the entire photo and therefore should be corrected.

you know what's ironic is that the ones who are most vocal about this in the P&P section have nothing to spew about the phenomenon here :confused:

not everyone can pull it off, and sometimes it just isn't appropriate to have it in a picture. coloured contacts if used in an ineffective way gives a sense of cheesiness and fakeness, and that doesn't leave a good impression at all.

if the coloured contacts are close to the natural eye's colour, I think it can be quite tasteful and look nice.
But then... wearing that kind of colour defeats the purpose of coloured contacts right? ;)
When the girl goes and purchases the contacts, I would guess that she will choose a contrasty colour to grab attention.

Unless it's for a specific type of product shots or some special effects, I will never agree my models to put on coloured contacts. I prefer natural coloured pupils. So nay nay...

Status
Not open for further replies.