Color tone will dffer when using fluroscent and flash setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rysouke

Apr 25, 2009
Is it true as the above topic

One aspect of colour tone is white balance (or colour temperature) selection.

Camera electronic flash colour temperature is typically 5,400 to 5,600 Kelvin. Fluorescent colour temperature ranges from 3,200 Kelvin (warm white) to 5,200 Kelvin (daylight white) to 6,500 Kelvin (cool white) to 8,800 Kelvin.

Selecting a colour temperature higher than actual colour temperature, results in a warmer (or more yellowish) colour tone. Selecting a colour temperature lower than actual colour temperature, results in a cooler (or more bluish) colour tone.

my Fluorescent lighting bulb is 5,500K but the color tone seem different too...when i am using EX580..so when i set auto white balance is the actual color of object?

And when i try to adjust the white balance to color temperature and it show 5,200 kelvin so that is the right one?

my Fluorescent lighting bulb is 5,500K
In this situation, camera's white balance is to match fluorescent light bulb rating. Camera will not make own decision

...when i am using EX580.. auto white balance ...
The camera will decide white balance point after taking into account information from flash.

And when i try to adjust the white balance to color temperature and it show 5,200 kelvin so that is the right one?
Not sure which software you're using. This maybe the white balance encoded into the image file after computed the camera or computed by desktop software during image processing.

Ultimately, thread starter will have to decide what is the desired white balance point for the capture image. There is no one absolutely correct answer.

Get Kinoflo. At least YOU can control the WB from the very consistent output of Kinos.

Don't forget the colour of walls can also affect the colour temperature e.g. red or blue wall.

Gelling does help to correct WB

There are so many kinds of CFL bulbs around. We have no idea what TS is using, what set-up and so on that could be causing problems.

There are so many kinds of CFL bulbs around. We have no idea what TS is using, what set-up and so on that could be causing problems.

Yes you are right. We don't see any pic. We can only guess what cause the problem

i am using jingbei CFL set..i did have the pictures in my flickr...those are using auto white balance..

Try different shades of green gels for your flash.

What you're trying to do now is to get the right (and constant) tone with mixed lighting.

If you get the flash's colour to become similar with the fluorescent light, your camera can then get the a better WB for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.