Color Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Long time no post here to get shoot liao... ;p

Was trying out doing curves... i find it extremely hard for a guy like me to do curves... seem to be almost impossible, unless its something nobody would know the original colors... else if do proofing... i'm dead...

anyway... was testing out my skills... so let me know which 1 is better...

PICT6001fmsmall.jpg

PICT6001editsmall.jpg

PICT6001edit2small.jpg

oh ya...

1 was done in a velvia curve, 1 was done by own curve done way b4 the velvia curve was received, another 1 is using velvia curve and personal enhancement.

I choose #3.
Don't know why, #1 & 2 exposure and colours don't look quite right to me :sweat: .

Both 1 & 3 are too purple(megenta). #2 would be my choice, but i think it is over-saturated.

cyber_m0nkey said:
Both 1 & 3 are too purple(megenta). #2 would be my choice, but i think it is over-saturated.

ya think so... haven found a way to get pass the saturation yet get the color like that.

sianz... i can't even see magenta (purple)... i always mistake magenta for blue... jia lat... have to rely on numbers again... :cry:

i like pict #2. it looks original.
the 1st one looks purplish blue and the 3rd has purples in it.
but it's a good effort though. =)

#2 looks more natural for the splash, but you have lost detail of the rope etc :)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ya think so... haven found a way to get pass the saturation yet get the color like that.

sianz... i can't even see magenta (purple)... i always mistake magenta for blue... jia lat... have to rely on numbers again... :cry:

You might want to try just pushing the blue channel.

maybe for a start, if you got colour vision issues, don't adjust the channels individually, just work on main curve?

and there should be some saturation/velvia actions on the web that don't do such "fierce" colour shifts lah.

but bro, you never say what you want to do with the curve anyway... so many possible effects. what you want to do with your curve?

Status
Not open for further replies.