Color Profiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmodel

Jun 19, 2005
Jurong Island
Hi,

I know that this topic has been discussed over and over again but part of it, I still cant to grasp, like many others.

I've been doing editing of photos on my PC and my laptop (1) all this while and just got another new laptop (2) which I am facing problems with.

My screen is calibrated with Huey and I've got no problem with this simple device all the while on my PC and laptops (1 & 2). My settings are as follows:

i. Color Management on Windows (Huey D65 G2.2 A0.00 on default)
ii. Color Settings on RGB - "Monitor RGB - Huey D65 G2.2 A0.00"
iii. Proof Setup - XXX Centre: Frontier 570 Lustre"

On the new laptop (2), the photos taken from my Nikon cam appeared similar in PS and Windows Photo Gallery (WPG) but photos from the Fuji cam shows a red color casts on the WPG and appears alright in "Photoshop". On my PC and exisitng laptop, colors are close on both.

Can any expert advise if there is anything wrong with my settings?

Cheers

Seems like no answer on this thread. Btw, do most of you set the Color Settings in PS to your calibration profile or the sRGB profile?

Take an example on my photo below, when using the calibration profile, I will not see the purple casts on the side walls but on sRGB, there is. So does anyone see a purple cast on the side sall?

not familiar with the Windows Photo Gallery (WPG), and not sure if it is colour aware, but if the image looks fine in Photoshop, then your screen profile should be alright...

should not set Photoshop to the monitor profile... unless you only want to use the images on that particular computer only... cause if you save that file with that profile, you might not know how it will look on another computer... whereas sRGB or ARGB are standardised profiles... :)

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the reply. Manage to get it solved.

The Color management should all be set to sRGB so that it appears similar irregardless of Windows Color Management or Photoshop Color Settings.

Juz wondering then do I need to set my Calibration Tool icc in anywhere?

in your colour management program, which came with your profiling thingamagic, only would be fine :)

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the reply. Manage to get it solved.

The Color management should all be set to sRGB so that it appears similar irregardless of Windows Color Management or Photoshop Color Settings.

Juz wondering then do I need to set my Calibration Tool icc in anywhere?

Notice you set your colorspace to sRGB. If you can, set it to RGB1998 as the color gamut is wider. At the same time, set your DSLR colorspace to RGB1998 too. That way, your camera and photo management s/w color management are in sync. When you print, use 'relative colorimetric' if tones is the key component of your print. Set to 'perceptual' if color integrity is most important. Mostly, I set to 'relative colorimetric'.

Good luck and have fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.