Color plastic sheet for flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
hey guys ... other than using color filters to 'add colors' to my photos .. can i cover my flashlights with plastic transparent color sheet???? i'm referring to those plastic sheet tat are cheap and easy available at bookshops ones ... is it alright??? or is there any specific color sheet specially for color flashes??

TIA!

er, from what i know of physics, won't work
it's like if u shine a red light onto a blue ball, the ball will appear black

this is how it works
when a blue ball is placed under white light, the ball reflects blue light and absorbs the rest. thus, the ball appears blue to u
but when u shine red light onto it, it absorbs all the red light. no light is reflected and hence, u see it as black

so if u use a colour filter for ur flash, the photos u take might appear darker overall. this point cannot confirm cos i never try b4 :p

hmm ... thanks ... should have a rough idea liao ...

but gonna try it anyway ~~ no lost~!

*i did not take physics before, only took Bio ... :D

good idea
trya nd tell us the results
i also curious to know use colour flash, how are the results :)

Make sure to leave some gap between the front surface of the flash and the plastic sheet or else the heat generated might burn the pastic or worse still burn the front surface of the flash.

Those using 10D, D60, D30 can try and let us know the answers right?

This could actually turn into a FAQ for coloring flashes.

In the early days, fashion photographers use exposed film to cover the flash. This provided a kick of "sunset" color in the photos. Furthermore, they are usually more rugged and plentiful!!

roygoh said:
Make sure to leave some gap between the front surface of the flash and the plastic sheet or else the heat generated might burn the pastic or worse still burn the front surface of the flash.

yes, make sure you dun melt the p[lastic over your flash, the power output of a flash is very high. and dun do repeat firing, cause a material over the flash m,ight prevent heat from diserping and hence overheat the flash.
I do know tat some put a layer of colour tint over thier flash to 'warm' upz the colours, sort of like a 81b filter over the flash.

cheers =p

Status
Not open for further replies.