color of the photo i post online and the photo i edit is slightly different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddypal

Aug 7, 2006
Pasir Ris
color of the photo i post online and the photo i edit in photoshop is slightly different

which one should i trust?:cry:

read up about color profiles.

you should embed the color profile

that way, everyone can see what you wanted them to see.

is there an easy tool for it? :(

Read first, then check your workflow. There is no tool to embed colour profiles, the profile is embedded when the camera creates the image file on the memory card. You leave them inside when editing and exporting your images for print. Check the PS export dialog and read the help / manual.
Something to read and highlight the importance of colour profiles (it's for display but the idea is the same for print): http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html#

check on your colour profile, and what browser are using? not all browers are color managed like photoshop

Read first, then check your workflow. There is no tool to embed colour profiles, the profile is embedded when the camera creates the image file on the memory card. You leave them inside when editing and exporting your images for print. Check the PS export dialog and read the help / manual.
Something to read and highlight the importance of colour profiles (it's for display but the idea is the same for print): http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html#

hmmm? cannot embed color profile meh?

if you are using a calibrated monitor, or whatever.. whatever workspace you are working with..

you can always embed the color profile using edit --> assign color profile --> working rgb

then save to web --> make sure you check the icc profile

then anyone else who views your photo, if they are using:

a) color managed browser
b) calibrated monitor

they will see the same thing

and so should you. :) since you are using the same monitor to view, then you should only require a.

thanks peep,
appreciate your deep insight =)

At the bottom left of the document window, you can read the color profile for the image. If it doesn't show the profile, roll out the menu (arrow) and choose Show > Document profile.

profilear.jpg

If the profile shows anything other than sRGB, then you need to convert to sRGB before posting on the web. The simplest way to do that is use File > Save for Web. In the dialog box that opens, tick the box that says "Convert to sRGB."

hmmm? cannot embed color profile meh?

if you are using a calibrated monitor, or whatever.. whatever workspace you are working with..

you can always embed the color profile using edit --> assign color profile --> working rgb

then save to web --> make sure you check the icc profile

then anyone else who views your photo, if they are using:

a) color managed browser
b) calibrated monitor

they will see the same thing

and so should you. :) since you are using the same monitor to view, then you should only require a.

How to decide which profile to choose

Status
Not open for further replies.