Color change when using Save to Web in PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCLow

Nov 14, 2004
When I used the save to web feature in PS2, the color became washed out! See below. The original is much more saturated in color! What happened? How to overcome?

PICT0579small.jpg

Sorry, I mean over exposed!

ortega said:
normally i use levels and move the middle slider to 0.88

The original image in PS is fine. Only when I do a Save to Web to size down the file I get this problem! How ah?

KCLow said:
The original image in PS is fine. Only when I do a Save to Web to size down the file I get this problem! How ah?
yes i know
do this just before you save for web

ortega said:
yes i know
do this just before you save for web

Thank you very much. Seems better already. I had to use to use 0.77

PICT0579small2.jpg

KCLow said:
Thank you very much. Seems better already. I had to use to use 0.77

you're welcomed

it seems that the save to web reduces the gamut of the image to save space (smaller file)
from my images i noted that different images need different settings, so experiment.
btw my images are normally dark in the first place

using save for web will change the embedded color profile in the picture, like a pic using SRGB would end up with a reduced RGB file to save size.

Slivester said:
What is the original colourspace?

I am using Adobe RGB.

TMC said:
using save for web will change the embedded color profile in the picture, like a pic using SRGB would end up with a reduced RGB file to save size.

Does this means if I intend pictures for web rather than print, it may be better to not shoot using Adobe RGB? :confused:

KCLow said:
Does this means if I intend pictures for web rather than print, it may be better to not shoot using Adobe RGB? :confused:
nope. it is still better to shoot in adobe rgb since that is a wider gamut and you dont know what your final output media might be - the web is just one of them.

best to convert profile to srgb before saving for the web. of course, retain the original file in adobe rgb.

satish
cfimageget.php

satcat said:
nope. it is still better to shoot in adobe rgb since that is a wider gamut and you dont know what your final output media might be - the web is just one of them.

best to convert profile to srgb before saving for the web. of course, retain the original file in adobe rgb.

satish
cfimageget.php

Thanks everyone for all the help. After converting the colorspace much better again. Just a little brighter than normal. Many Thanks.

PICT0579small21.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.