Color Calibration for DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptyap

Apr 10, 2007
Chapel Hill, US
www.flickr.com
Hi, anyone knows how I could calibrate the colors of a DSLR to match what I see in my (calibrated) monitor? :think:

Hi, anyone knows how I could calibrate the colors of a DSLR to match what I see in my (calibrated) monitor? :think:

You mean to calibrate your monitor to look like the LCD on the DSLR? No you can't.... Unless you are using a Leaf Aptus digital camera back.

No, I mean calibrating the DSLR (via ACR) so that what I see on my monitor matches that of the captured scene. Lee Varis has some discussions about this in his book "Skin" but I don't quite get it.

You mean to calibrate your monitor to look like the LCD on the DSLR? No you can't.... Unless you are using a Leaf Aptus digital camera back.

another option is the product called ColorEyes Camera, which uses many more colour patches to create profiles... of course, it is pretty expensive and can only work with RAW converters that accept custom profiles (like PhaseOne Capture One but not Photoshop or Lightroom), but it is arguably more accurate in its profiling as more colour patches are used... YMMV :)

Status
Not open for further replies.