Collection of donations for Animal Lovers League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, pse keep the donations coming as the donation drive is still currently ON :D

I was out checking out Tiong Bahru area a few days ago. I walked around, visiting my old home and places that I used to frequent when I was a child.

Then... it struck me. There isn't a single cat to be seen!!

I remembered Tiong Bahru having quite a number of strays.

The only cat I found was hiding underneath some old cupboard and making snarling noises at me. I guess the cat escaped from the culling and was particularly cautious against all humans.

The poor poor cats.

Please help them!

Originally posted by VincentLin
I was out checking out Tiong Bahru area a few days ago. I walked around, visiting my old home and places that I used to frequent when I was a child.

Then... it struck me. There isn't a single cat to be seen!!

I remembered Tiong Bahru having quite a number of strays.

The only cat I found was hiding underneath some old cupboard and making snarling noises at me. I guess the cat escaped from the culling and was particularly cautious against all humans.

The poor poor cats.

Please help them!
?!?!?!?!?!?
You sure or not???

Really, you may want to check out http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35601 . BTW, which part of Tiong Bahru are you referring to?

Lav and everyone, you might want to know that Hong Lim Complex area is the latest to get hit by the culling exercise. And apparently spayed cats are also taken. Sad.

Aiyoh... Tiong Bahru so big...

The area of Tiong Bahru was I in: area around the wet market, area around YWCA, area around the Concorde, area around the 7-Eleven (Kim Seng road, I think) and area around the garden.

So I guess, pretty much covered the whole of Tiong Bahru.

Wah... I didn't know u were going to Tiong Bahru for shoots. I hope this isn't bad news.

I was also at Hong Lim on the same day... really no cats. Plenty of old people spitting on the ground though.

Originally posted by VincentLin
I was also at Hong Lim on the same day... really no cats. Plenty of old people spitting on the ground though.
Hmmm, is it time for them to cull something else... ;) :devil:

:bsmilie:
Yah, cull THOSE!

TB Mkt - sure got katz. Look up or under. They love sleeping/hiding amongst the rafters and sometimes under the biscuit/fruit stalls. The estate around also got more than 10+.... but must see what time you go.

TB Garden - hope you are referring to the big one opp TB Plaza. The few katz there got poisoned or murdered by one of the #$@$^@ cleaners in the nearby school. One of the victims is now fondly remembered at a photolab in Hong Lim area...

YWCA and Concorde confirm don't have. Not much food for them there.

7-11 at Kim Seng Rd..... ??? Are you referring to Kim Tian Rd?

The market dun have... I thought they should be hiding there. But the joss sticks and paper money uncle at the corner told me they catch all already. Boohoo! He was angry too.

The garden i was talking about, actually near the market one.

Hah! The joss stick seller there 2-headed one... when the catchers come, he quickly helped to point out the cats in hiding.

I think I know where you are referring to. You might wish to join us for the meow shoot this weekend. Cause I'll guarantee meows aplenty. 20 separate cats at least, in the 2-hr period.

Originally posted by Azure
Hah! The joss stick seller there 2-headed one... when the catchers come, he quickly helped to point out the cats in hiding.

I think I know where you are referring to. You might wish to join us for the meow shoot this weekend. Cause I'll guarantee meows aplenty. 20 separate cats at least, in the 2-hr period.

LOL, u also know that guy ah? I knew him since young and yes (!) he is a bit two-headed!

About the shoot. I can't. I wish I could! I'm working mah. Life is hard. Have to work and save more... getting married doesn't help either.

Upz!

Will be doing a last round of collections this time!

For those who haven't donated, would be most grateful if you could :)

Donate & get a free print from Azure! :gbounce:

Will be at SEED later to pass the donations to you :)

Count me in for the donation, will give to Simon if I can get hold of him tomollow.............although I completely support the rescue of these cats from being culled, I urge you to also spare a thought of the animals that you eat (for those of you who are not vegetarians) or when you try to kill that ant or cockroach. Helping these cats is a good start.......but other animals are still being killed daily by the millions.......saving one group of animals just because they look so cute and yet killing others is just a contradiction......try your best to at least eat less meat/fish (fish suffocates once out of the water and undergoes a very, very slow death......).

Hong Sien

lavender
Just read the first posting again, will send them a check.....

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.