COLD Lamination any good machines ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett

Jan 12, 2003
Visit site
Hi ppl,

I bought a lamination machine and it does "hot lamination" great.

But when I run a cold lam (self aheadsive) on it, it has a great bubble problem. I have tried going to a few photo labs but they just can't seem to do a "bubbleless" job.

Any one know a machine brand/ stationary supplier that sells "cold lam" machine that does a good job ?

I notice bridal shops do a real good job with cold lam any one can help out ?

Cheers ppl !

Hi Brett,

Sorry for OT, but may i know where you got the laminating pouches for cold lam? Thanx.

KT Color Lab they sold me for like $40-50 can't remember per roll its 1 sided "canvas" look alike type.

If you got a technique you use that can acheive no bubbles pls do share the technique !

hey... do u knw thers a way to hold the self adhesive so that can avoid bubbles????

haf to hold the adhesive tight when running into the machine so all bubbles will go off..... ;)

must hold tigh in a reverse direction when the machine is running........

Yo guys, do you know that there is actually a canvas look-alike pouch for hot lamination, ie, it is not a adhesive piece but just like the normal hot lamination pouch except that it is matt on one side.

Personally I am looking for anyone who knows where to find it. Last saw it in Instant Color Lab at Shenton Way, but they do not want to disclose where they get it and neither they sell to me also.

Believe that if this pouch can produce end product like the cold lamination sheet, then it would be very much easier to obtain bubbleless lamination.

Anyone know where to get it?

yes...there is a kind of machine that can do cold lamination. a kind of manual machine with 3 heavy rollers to removes all the bubbles....cost about $200/- i heard but hmmm......forgotten the brand. most bridle studio do have that.....may be can ask them. ;)

i can confirm Popular at Tiong Bahru Plaza sells laminating machines that can do hot and cold up to A3, but i don't know if these are the 'lousy' ones that Brett is talking about. The cold laminating films are much harder to find though.

jesser - I am looking for the type u are talking abt, the hand roll ones.

the ones @ popular/simlim I tried cheap but damm lousy, bubbles garlore !!! I am selling mine lol wanna buy ?

any one know where we can get the cold lam machines jesser is talking abt ?

clod lam pouches can be bought cheaply $40-60/roll from most stationary supplies www.yellowpages.com alot of them there.

apart from build quality, the most important feature for bubble free laminating is multiple rollers. Avoid 2-roller laminators and go for min 4 or 6.

also try another brand of film if one brand is giving you problems and laminate in a low humidity environment. (eg: 50% thereabouts) You can also try keeping your laminating film in dry cabinet until you need to use it....

Brett said:
jesser - I am looking for the type u are talking abt, the hand roll ones.

the ones @ popular/simlim I tried cheap but damm lousy, bubbles garlore !!! I am selling mine lol wanna buy ?

any one know where we can get the cold lam machines jesser is talking abt ?

clod lam pouches can be bought cheaply $40-60/roll from most stationary supplies www.yellowpages.com alot of them there.

hi Brett.....i'm planning to get one actually but have not really start looking for it.....may be is time for 'hunting'......i will keep you post if i got infor of this machine...... :)

I also looking for a cold lamination machine. Hope u guyss can update on it.

ok....had bought the laminating machine at Tay's Photo. he did not have the small one so i got the 17'' type that cost $380/- which can laminate up to 8R photo size. did try out on some of my photos and it work just great. for those who are interested can pm me for his contact. dun think is nice to place his contact here. :)

Brett> u just need a long heavy ruler, esp those use to measure textile in the old days kind...

in taiwan, they use that way to cold laminate....coz the damn ruler so heavy, it will press down.... meaning, put hte photo underneath, the like how u use those saran cling wrap, the first part, stick to some table or something liddat...dun flatten against the picture yet,

place the ruler along there to flatten and let it "stick to the glass table" or something liddat...then when u're ready, go thru your paper slowly in one smooth motion....

at least thats what i saw ....
but coz i think they keep doing that, so super fast.....and bubbleless :D

Status
Not open for further replies.