Cokin P121f Grad Grey G2 Full ND8 Filter

babytweety

Jul 9, 2003
SPORE
Visit site
Hi all, have this filter i hand. Can I use this for taking sunset photo? It says full from top to bottom. And should I get those GND filter with half dark, half clear?

What else can this filter to be use? Searched google but could not find more info.

Hi all, have this filter i hand. Can I use this for taking sunset photo? It says full from top to bottom. And should I get those GND filter with half dark, half clear?

What else can this filter to be use? Searched google but could not find more info.

If you have searched Clubsnap.. this is one the results. It is posted in the sticky threads too... in this same section...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/newbies-corner/803029-newbie-guide-filters.html#post6721872

Hi daredevil. Yup, I have read that thread a few times. In that thread, there are 2 types of GND filters..soft and hard edge with half clear,half dark...but this cokin filter is not..so I am confused..is this a GND or ND????

Hope you can help to explain further.TIA!

Hi daredevil. Yup, I have read that thread a few times. In that thread, there are 2 types of GND filters..soft and hard edge with half clear,half dark...but this cokin filter is not..so I am confused..is this a GND or ND????

your thread title already said is a Neutral Density filter, and it is indeed a ND filter.

and what effects do you want to achieve by cutting down the exposure of whole frame by 3 stops??

GND or ND?... your filter already says ND... and just take the filter out and look at it. You will know the difference immediately. If you do not, read the thread again a little more carefully.

Hmmm...that means I read and intepreted wrongly that GRAD word.. So I should be looking at Graduated ND filters...my bad..confused..hehehe....txs guys!