Cokin P121f Grad Grey G2 Full ND8 Filter

Jul 9, 2003
SPORE
Visit site
Hi all, have this filter i hand. Can I use this for taking sunset photo? It says full from top to bottom. And should I get those GND filter with half dark, half clear?

What else can this filter to be use? Searched google but could not find more info.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Hi all, have this filter i hand. Can I use this for taking sunset photo? It says full from top to bottom. And should I get those GND filter with half dark, half clear?

What else can this filter to be use? Searched google but could not find more info.
If you have searched Clubsnap.. this is one the results. It is posted in the sticky threads too... in this same section...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/newbies-corner/803029-newbie-guide-filters.html#post6721872

Jul 9, 2003
SPORE
Visit site
Hi daredevil. Yup, I have read that thread a few times. In that thread, there are 2 types of GND filters..soft and hard edge with half clear,half dark...but this cokin filter is not..so I am confused..is this a GND or ND????

Hope you can help to explain further.TIA!

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Hi daredevil. Yup, I have read that thread a few times. In that thread, there are 2 types of GND filters..soft and hard edge with half clear,half dark...but this cokin filter is not..so I am confused..is this a GND or ND????

your thread title already said is a Neutral Density filter, and it is indeed a ND filter.

and what effects do you want to achieve by cutting down the exposure of whole frame by 3 stops??

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot

GND or ND?... your filter already says ND... and just take the filter out and look at it. You will know the difference immediately. If you do not, read the thread again a little more carefully.

Jul 9, 2003
SPORE
Visit site
Hmmm...that means I read and intepreted wrongly that GRAD word.. So I should be looking at Graduated ND filters...my bad..confused..hehehe....txs guys!

Top Bottom