Cokin P System on FZ10/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavana

Mar 7, 2005
Anyone tried the system on FZ10/20? Thinking of getting gradual filters...too lazy to photoshop ;p .

Me on the reverse path, have Cokin filters but now want to try using PS and thinking of letting go my Cokin stuff.

../azul123

Depend on what you want. I will keep the Cir-PL and ND filters. Actually I was looking for one that is R72 so that I can try out IR photography. Hoya R72 is quite ex.

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
Depend on what you want. I will keep the Cir-PL and ND filters. Actually I was looking for one that is R72 so that I can try out IR photography. Hoya R72 is quite ex.

Cheers
John
You're right haven't try IR maybe should not sell the lot. Saw that Cokin's IR P Filter cost almost US$50 at Adorama.

Anywhere to get it cheaper?

OT a bit, how often you use the Cokin Filter System, for me it's a bit trouble-some to bring out lah, needs to put on the "vest" and me very pai-seh to put that vest on lah.

../azul123

John Teoh said:
Why not get the Lowepro Sliplock Pouch or use those waist pouch to hold them?

Cheers
John
Don't like add-on that's how I misplace stuff :cry: including the add-ons :bsmilie: .

Maybe I need to look for a bigger backpack maybe a Crumpler Backpack... hmmmm. That's a thought :thumbsup: .

../azul123

P.S. Visited PPCSG today, hey congrats you are one of the moderator. Always knew you the helpful person, good on you.

azul123 said:
Don't like add-on that's how I misplace stuff :cry: including the add-ons :bsmilie: .

Maybe I need to look for a bigger backpack maybe a Crumpler Backpack... hmmmm. That's a thought :thumbsup: .

../azul123

P.S. Visited PPCSG today, hey congrats you are one of the moderator. Always knew you the helpful person, good on you.

Why not check with JimDavis if he finds any good backpack in Shanghai?

Cheers
John

PS: Thanks. Thought can keep very quite about it here :bsmilie:

yea the safrotto should be affordable there.

John Teoh said:
Yup. Heard from JD that it was so cheap that he bought one for himself.

Cheers
John

Ya...it is cheap...just came back to SG last night....still very tired...and feel very HOT here!

I will try to load up the photo of the bag I got from Shanghai later here.... :)

The SAFRATTO bag I got...

SAFRATTO01.jpg

SAFRATTO02.jpg

This looks very much like the Lowepro Micro/Mini Trekker. I was looking at the Crumpler bags the other day, was keen to get a bag which could take a notebook.

Made mistake when I bought a Samsonite backpack for my notebook... and now have separate bags for camera and notebook, :hammer: why do I always do this??

../azul123

azul123 said:
This looks very much like the Lowepro Micro/Mini Trekker. I was looking at the Crumpler bags the other day, was keen to get a bag which could take a notebook.

Made mistake when I bought a Samsonite backpack for my notebook... and now have separate bags for camera and notebook, :) why do I always do this??

../azul123

After I bought this bag, I also realized that I should get a Crumpler one...not sure who else is interested in the Crumpler bag? May be we can confirm the quantity and organize for a MO? :dunno:

John Teoh said:
I'm keen for crumpler but I prefer a backpack one.

Cheers
John

Eerrrr....thought you already have one already??

John Teoh said:
Crumpler one opens differently from lowepro one. More safe.

Cheers
John
Yeah... they open differently.

Was thinking of getting one of the "Barge" model. Maybe the smaller one, as long as can fit my 15" notebook that is fine.

../azul123

Kavana said:
Anyone tried the system on FZ10/20? Thinking of getting gradual filters...too lazy to photoshop ;p .
Going back to the original thread, I think we veered off from the original thread... my apologies Kavana...

Saw your post on the Landscape Changi Broadwalk, liked #4, I think because of the distinguished split horizon makes it a good shot. Good one. :thumbsup:

Anyway sorry for the OT on your thread. :embrass:

../azul123

Kavana said:
I hear that the Cokin FIlters P007 is available at Cathay, 2 left. Want to try it?

But if you are using FZ20 and has the PA, maybe better buy the 62mm IR filter instead... using Cokin filters has gaps which stray light creeps in.

I am thinking of using Cokin so I can switch trying different lens... but also thinks that since IR looks good with WA should just get fixed IR filter for the WA lens only. Hmmm...

John Teoh, what you think? I know you have given some thoughts on these questions already, penny for your thoughts? :thumbsup:

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.