Cokin P series or Tian ya filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfbatzap

Jan 24, 2007
Tampines
I'm intending to get those rectangular filters but not sure which system to get.. hope I can get some comments for the 2 series...

Is it true that Tianya and Cokin are both interchangeable? Means I can buy a Cokin adapter+holder and get a Tianya filter and it'll fit fine?

In terms of quality, any difference? If not much difference then I'd probably get Tianya filters since Cokin costs twice as much. LOL

Yupe, u can get the Cokin adapter+holder and use the Tianya filters with it.

Quality wise ... if u r not too particular ... both are acceptable & on par, at least for most of the filters

Yeap, I already emailed PPCP to let them know that they should actually include the fact that Tianya filters can fit inside Cokin P series holder. Tianya filters are slightly thicker though, but still fit in with no problem.

I'm using the Tianya Grad Red, bought it for fun to try, should be getting their Grad Grey soon, because it's hard edge. My sole Cokin GND is soft edge, graduated from top to bottom, more multi-purpose. Quality wise looks and feels the same, in fact the Tianya box is much more sturdy than the crappy Cokin box I got, cracked already.

A few people on CS, like hazmee have also mentioned that Tianya gives less of a cast than Cokin GND - which seems to give a slight yellowish cast.

If you intend to get soft edge GND then can always buy Cokin, other than that I would advise you to go for Tianya since no real difference in quality if you ask me.

thank for your info! I'd probably get a mix of both cokin and tianya then! LOL

last qn.. which holder more sturdy? Cokin or Tianya?
I tried my friend's Cokin before and I felt that the filter fits v nicely on the holder. Wonder if Tianya's holder are just as sturdy?

I'm intending to get those rectangular filters but not sure which system to get.. hope I can get some comments for the 2 series...

Is it true that Tianya and Cokin are both interchangeable? Means I can buy a Cokin adapter+holder and get a Tianya filter and it'll fit fine?

In terms of quality, any difference? If not much difference then I'd probably get Tianya filters since Cokin costs twice as much. LOL

May I know where to buy Tianya filter?

Anyone know where to get Singh Ray filters?

no idea.. but I wanna find out is abt the quality of the cokin and tianya holders.. which one better or are they the same?

I think a good choice would be a main tianya system with all the common gradual filters..

then you can top up with cokin filters for those that tianya doesnt have such as CPL.. :)

PPCP got sell Tian ya GND? I see that they only sell ND?

Just wanna to ask the Polarizer filter for Cokin P system. Beside Cokin P 164 (which out of stock at Cathay Photo for very long time), any other options available for us? Singh-Ray, Tianya, Hitech or any brand?

I think a good choice would be a main tianya system with all the common gradual filters..

then you can top up with cokin filters for those that tianya doesnt have such as CPL.. :)

get a cokin filter holder & adapter since the price difference isn't that great as compare to tian-ya's but quality-wise is much better. tian-ya's holder feel like a piece of cheap plastic and slotting the filter in and out is pretty difficult at times.

colour filters and gnd from tian-ya is pretty decent and tian-ya does have a CPL, just that the quality is far from desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.