Cokin filters ....zuiko lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

jose gudino

May 24, 2008
Hi,

I was about to buy a Cokin P-Series Starter Filter Kit to use with my 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 and 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Zuiko Lenses ....however I have been reading and it seems this filters may produce vignetting ..... is it true ?? also I read that the P series ND filters are not neutral ... does somebody use this cokin filters with this zuiko filters??

should I buy another brand???

thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

Hi,

I was about to buy a Cokin P-Series Starter Filter Kit to use with my 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 and 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Zuiko Lenses ....however I have been reading and it seems this filters may produce vignetting ..... is it true ?? also I read that the P series ND filters are not neutral ... does somebody use this cokin filters with this zuiko filters??

You can try getting the wide angle holder from Cokin. It will have less of the vignetting issue compared to the standard holder. Alternatively you can try handholding the filter at the wider end. ( I suspect the 28mm equivalent of the 14mm end might not vignette on the wide angle holder, i might be wrong )

As for the color cast by Cokin, there are some brands that are color neutral but comes with a heftier tag than Cokin. Lee and Singh Ray for example are well known higher end filters. However not everyone is objectionable to the cast. There are still many users of Cokin. Whether it is worth the money to have color neutrality is up to the user / buyer.

Ryan

Hi,

i was using a 14-54mm... didn't see much vignetting with a standard holder... colour wise i didn't notice much too... maybe i'm not sharp enough to notice it... but 1 thing i did find irriating was that i had to take out my UV filter which i put on to protect it during my travelling... before i could put the cokin filter on. Would be better if i had a slim type UV filter with threads in fronts to just snap it on top of it...

but it may cause more "side effects" :think:

None the less... the filters helped to get some nice landscape pictures :)

Has anybody used Cokin filters with the 12-60? Have to use the Wide Angle adaptor?

Status
Not open for further replies.