Cokin filter colour cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmony

Feb 4, 2004
Lion City
www.harmonyphotogallery.com
Hi,

Heard about the colour cast issue from the various forum threads.

For those using cokin filter, is the colour cast from their ND/GND filter really that bad (how about tian ya)? Any sample picture?

Would doing a white balance prior to the shot help?

I thinking of getting a set of ND/GND but was concern with this issue. Singh-Ray and Lee's are out of reach for me.

TIA.

tends to get yellowish cast, but manipulation of white balance and color balance tweaks in photoshop later on can correct it. if you do a search for threads started by hazmee, i think he started on where he compared the two - ie.. tianya and cokin. frankly the cast is only more apparent in the daytime, when the colors are more "stereotypical".

it's just painful to have to correct, that's all.

tianya is more neutral, but er, like fingerprints, no two tianya filters seem to be the same.. if you catch my drift. the "graduated grey" tends to come in different shades of grey.. hee hee.

Last edited:
So we shd just go for the LEE ones?

tends to get yellowish cast, but manipulation of white balance and color balance tweaks in photoshop later on can correct it. if you do a search for threads started by hazmee, i think he started on where he compared the two - ie.. tianya and cokin. frankly the cast is only more apparent in the daytime, when the colors are more "stereotypical".

it's just painful to have to correct, that's all.

tianya is more neutral, but er, like fingerprints, no two tianya filters seem to be the same.. if you catch my drift. the "graduated grey" tends to come in different shades of grey.. hee hee.

Status
Not open for further replies.