Coke or Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terence

Nov 16, 2003
I'm a Llama!
This is really an eye opener.... Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before. The leaching properties of Coke is particularly alarming. Coke lovers beware!

WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a
University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty
focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of
breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from
the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then
flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap
aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the
corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a
sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place
cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now what will you say if the waitress ask you, what do you want to drink? would you like a coke or a glass of
water?

Read it long ago when i recieve spam mail from other ppl..

no question about the water, but how true is the coke? Is it a facts? :nono:

Terence said:
Now what will you say if the waitress ask you, what do you want to drink? would you like a coke or a glass of
water?

A pint of Stella Artois please......
:D

Whew! Thanks Royce, I thought I was going to have to give up my new found love for Diet Vanilla Coke!

Royce said:

Guess thats just the problem heh. People just read what they want off the web and believe it. Maybe we should all try the dissolve the t-bone steak in 2 days.....

Hmmmm looks like a lot of people can get away with murder after that...."the coca-cola murders" on "Missing" the Channel 5 series.... ;)

hmm mayb like the post it pad... some failed experiment become the hit of the century...

so is coke previously meant to be a solvent for rusty parts? hehehe

coke..once every 2 weeks ok lah

Well the sugar and caffeine contents in coke is still somewhat bad for health, right?

This reminds me of espn's thread: Do You Believe Everything You Read/Hear?

It pays to be skeptical about what you read on the internet, in the newspapers or here in ClubSnap. Serious! And photographs shouldn't be believed offhand either. At best, they are interpretations of reality. At worst, they are totally deceptive. As photographers, we should be aware of fact, fraud and fiction issues in all its forms.

Yupe, coke contains high amt of sugar, did the experiment before. Well, thanks for posting it, it gives me idea of what to do if I feel bored. :p

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm mayb like the post it pad... some failed experiment become the hit of the century...

so is coke previously meant to be a solvent for rusty parts? hehehe

Don't think this is very smart.

Sound quite scary but still prefer coke. Already addicted :sweatsm:

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then

Hmmm... wonder if this will work in the disgusting toilets at the MArine Parade NTUC branch.

Don't really like coke if you ask me, cos i will get the feeling of being thirsty after that or worse....the gas inside my stomach, make me kinda full and then later all the gas comes out.

I prefer tea, green tea, milk tea etc..... :bsmilie:

I drink 6 cans of coke a day... how about that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.