Coffeeshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
DSCN6901.JPG

This was fairly early in my streetshooting "career", when I was still shy about pointing my camera at people. The focus of this shot is, of course, the man in the background, and not the cup itself. I thought it captured the essence of a coffeeshop well.

The grain was not added artificially. I simply isolated the red channel of the RGB, which is naturally noisy, rather than converting straight to grayscale.

So, Red Dawn, is this the "holy grain"?

wah....the 'mood' of the coffeeshop is really there. :)

Originally posted by StreetShooter
This was fairly early in my streetshooting "career", when I was still shy about pointing my camera at people. The focus of this shot is, of course, the man in the background, and not the cup itself. I thought it captured the essence of a coffeeshop well.

Hi StreetShooter,

I have just picked up interests on streetshooting, and like you in the early stage I am also shy about pointing camera at people. Can you give me a few tips on how to do it properly? Do I need to talk to the person and/or ask for permission before taking the shots, or just firing away? I've heard some of my friends said that some old people are very sensitive about this, especially around the kereta ayer hawker center where there are a lot of old folks idling around. He mentioned he had been shouted, scolded, and chased away in a hostile manner by just taking out his camera. Thanks.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
DSCN6901.JPG

The grain was not added artificially. I simply isolated the red channel of the RGB, which is naturally noisy, rather than converting straight to grayscale.

So, Red Dawn, is this the "holy grain"?

haha....sure looks like it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.