Coffee table wedding photo album

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oracle

Jun 23, 2005
East Coast
Did anyone know what printing method for coffee table album? Is it using pro inkjet printing or photolab developing? :dunno:

The Oracle said:
Did anyone know what printing method for coffee table album? Is it using pro inkjet printing or photolab developing? :dunno:

If you do a web search, you'll find plenty of companies that will print and bind one-off coffee table books from photos at very reasonable prices, presumably using digital offset printing or laser printing (I don't know this part for sure, though).

LittleWolf said:
If you do a web search, you'll find plenty of companies that will print and bind one-off coffee table books from photos at very reasonable prices, presumably using digital offset printing or laser printing (I don't know this part for sure, though).

do you have any personal recommendation? If not asking someone to do a search on the internet seems like too general a answer.

I think both method works. You can do pro inkjet printing or photolab developing. It also depends on the size of the images you are using. If you are doing a magazine style layout, it may be better to print 2 pages on 1 piece of paper, so that would prob need inkjet printing.

u'll probably want to laminate the prints as well.

if you're planning to do it yourself (as opposed to passing someone the softcopy and let them do everything), lemme know, cos I'm looking into it as well, so maybe we can share some info.

Snowcrash said:
do you have any personal recommendation? If not asking someone to do a search on the internet seems like too general a answer.

The question was about how these books are printed, not what I would recommend. I think looking it up at the respective company's web site is the most straightforward and fastest way to get reliable information.

SO does anyone has any recommendation to do a coffee table? I am actually looking for one. Or do by myself but not sure how to start. :(

The Oracle said:
SO does anyone has any recommendation to do a coffee table? I am actually looking for one. Or do by myself but not sure how to start. :(

You may want to take a look at those albums outside those bridal studios? heh...they have many different ways of doing it...heh...there's one at Bugis Junction and another at Clementi interchange there...heh...can go walk walk and see lor...hee..

lemontree said:
You may want to take a look at those albums outside those bridal studios? heh...they have many different ways of doing it...heh...there's one at Bugis Junction and another at Clementi interchange there...heh...can go walk walk and see lor...hee..

Thanks! But i think i phrase it wrongly. What i mean is how/where do i print it and make it into a coffeetable album. Is there anywhere i can get advise from printing it? Then binding it?

The Oracle said:
Thanks! But i think i phrase it wrongly. What i mean is how/where do i print it and make it into a coffeetable album. Is there anywhere i can get advise from printing it? Then binding it?

You can use some of markers and paper and bind it and there is lots of way to do it ;p

How do the pro print for coffee table album? I have no real respond yet. can any pro recommend? I am interested to make one.

Not too bad Ratboy! Thanks for helping! The format is good!

Hi Guys! I saw those coffe table book and every pages are pretty hard like cardboard and the photo are printed on it or are they laminted on the cardboard? Still wondering how it is done.:dunno:

the photos are glued onto cardboard during the binding process.

darrelchia said:
the photos are glued onto cardboard during the binding process.

I also heard that wedding album are using a printing called lambda lightjet printing. Is it true? Anyone know where can we do it?

I'm looking to bind 10 S8R professionally, anybody knows where?

espn said:
I'm looking to bind 10 S8R professionally, anybody knows where?

You just need to bind them like that? Dont you need to laminate on a hardboard befor you bind it?

Status
Not open for further replies.