Cockcroaches In Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

justshot

Oct 7, 2005
Hi everyone,

Not sure if you have the best method of removing and preventing crocoaches from invading my car.

We know that the best cure is prevention but I have my 3 year old daughter in the car eating her breadfirst. So the statement "do not eat in the car" does not work for me.

I have also tried putting the pandan leaves in the car, but found crocoaches crawing among the leaves.

I wash my car every week and sprays insecticide but still it does not improve.

What to do?????

It is very embarassing to have the crocoaches crawing in the car when you have important passangers.

Help..........:sweat:

justshot said:
Hi everyone,

Not sure if you have the best method of removing and preventing crocoaches from invading my car.

We know that the best cure is prevention but I have my 3 year old daughter in the car eating her breadfirst. So the statement "do not eat in the car" does not work for me.

I have also tried putting the pandan leaves in the car, but found crocoaches crawing among the leaves.

I wash my car every week and sprays insecticide but still it does not improve.

What to do?????

It is very embarassing to have the crocoaches crawing in the car when you have important passangers.

Help..........:sweat:

hmm, my previous cars also have these... and i found out that there are places with lots of cockroaches... esp at 1 of my fren's block, just park there only, you see cockroaches crawling around the drain, up the car... its like a resurrection of the Joe's apartment...

after they are in, they never go off already.... den u see them parade infront of you when you drive... i really scared next time my gf drive & a cockroach is infront of her... she will just let go of the steering & off we go to neverland...

a few things that worked for me:
1. never park over a drain grating. the further from the block or ground floor (if you have multi-storey cp) the better.
2. write to the town council (not hdb - Hey Don't Bother) and CC your MP. tell them about the infestation -- if possible cite other places like lifts, corridors etc that you find these vermins, and the embarrassment should be enough for them to start fogging the place.

of course all these are temporary, and may require a few nasty emails because these fellas will say that their contractor has already done a good job blah*99999999

as a photographer, your weapon is your camera. take shots of the cockroach encounters and email the entire files -- no, don't bother to compress hahahaha... and they should get the message.

;)

i forgot to mention that one alternative i would use next (seeing that the problem has resurfaced in my estate) is to collect those i squish in a ziploc bag, and then walk into the tc office and drop it on the gm's desk. drastic yes, but i'm seriously considering this. ;)

u can try spraying LOTS of insecticide in the car... then park it under the hot sun for a few hours. then... CLEAN up. if it still survives... consider calling MIB:)

one "traditional" method is to put pandan leaves in your car.

I use roach traps too. Any brand will do. Still prevention is better than cure. Clean the car regularly especially after consuming food in the car.
catchlights said:
Yes, it works.

I've tried parking under the hot scorching sun and even spraying insecticide but it never work. I don't think you can get rid of these pest. After all they can survive a nuclear holocast so what is a little spay and hot sun to them.

jbma said:
I've tried parking under the hot scorching sun and even spraying insecticide but it never work. I don't think you can get rid of these pest. After all they can survive a nuclear holocast so what is a little spay and hot sun to them.

I think their cars no V-Kool... yours have... and its WORKING! :bsmilie:

ortega said:
which one do you use?
Bayer?
Not bayer, is a Janpenese product, long time never use oreadi, last time use on my old old car, bought it from Yaohan, can remember the brand. sori.

catchlights said:
Not bayer, is a Janpenese product, long time never use oreadi, last time use on my old old car, bought it from Yaohan, can remember the brand. sori.

wah lao... Yaohan... thats really a long time ago... :bheart:

catchlights said:
spray your car matte black lor , it looks cool also.

den put those old feeller type of antenna, on both sides as well... look like cockroach, den best of all... alot of small cockroaches inside...

think get a ferrari or lamborgini as a cockroach car best... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.