Cobra in Bidadari

commonjunks

Jul 23, 2009
Jurong
Anyone intended to go for bird shooting at bidadari, please wear long boots.
on 25/12/2010 we saw a black cobra there.

1.340626,103.874241 is the exact place. Check in google map.

@La Fontaine, i am getting those boots soon.

Please use common sense and not go too near the reptile, lest you get bitten. It won't do anybody any favours. Stay safe! :thumbsup: ;)

Please use common sense and not go too near the reptile, lest you get bitten. It won't do anybody any favours. Stay safe! :thumbsup: ;)
We didn't step-in till we made sure he went into his hide ;). Don't want to get bitten by any reptile, especially snake.

We didn't step-in till we made sure he went into his hide ;). Don't want to get bitten by any reptile, especially snake.

put a pet mongoose there. see who wins:bsmilie:

ok just joking. relax a bit. and stay safe:)

The last time I met a Cobra at West Coast, I got stricken w/ fever. Coz of the bloody shock. XD

Stay Safe guys.

The last time I met a Cobra at West Coast, I got stricken w/ fever. Coz of the bloody shock. XD

Stay Safe guys.

the last time i saw a cobra was on the internet!

ok on a more serious note my brother and i have seen a 3 or 4 metre long python slithering through the fence of a condo near our house during our secondary school days (a long la la la long time ago)

HAHA.

imagine the shock on the security guard's face.

seen and been to that area since primary school days as my great grandfather was formerly buried in there..those old trees and and lush low level shrubs provide cool and dark sanctuary for such reptiles. thanks for the heads up

if its the black one, stay a couple of metres away..
that has nasty projectile weapon..

if its the black one, stay a couple of metres away..
that has nasty projectile weapon..
It was black (very black indeed). Just 2 week ago i happily walk here there when it was wet and ground was soft (lucky nothing came out).
Now i am also feeling afraid to go back :sweat:.

I was there on Xmas day too. That area always got cobras but I had not met them yet. Infact a lot of Birding location have cobras. LP, VD etc.

Just be careful and watch where you step. Bida also got another danger, "pot" holes. Drop into one last time. Very likely location for snakes breeding too.

They are almost everywhere...in PCN too esp East Coast Park. Just be careful, new born can just be as fatal. Almost bitten by one on the track, thought it s a fallen twig and wanted to run over it. Now use strongest light available in night cycling.:bsmilie: