CNY very quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree, never see lion dance, or even hear the drum beat.

not only with the passing of the elder in the family means no anchor person, the lion dance is also a dying art form i think. youngsters just treat it like a hobby, lack commitment. or it could be that everyone is cutting cost, so dont call for lions dance for the reopening of the shop ceremony?

For me, the older ones have passed on, the middle aged ones have migrated, the below middle aged ones went for holidays, the teens prefer to go out with friends, the young ones with their parents away on holidays. It has been a trend which i can see from the last few years.

This year, one cousin bought a new super big house, his parents how lian want to show off house, so never go on holidays, a few babies are born, causing the parents to be stranded in Singapore, the teens prefer ang bao over friends, and all these chain reactions causing me a more lively new year this time round.

Things might change, you never know...

same here, someone at my side bought a Penthouse, a BMW .. asked all come and visit.. and then said how much he earned on month.. how he played golf.. :sweat:

same here, someone at my side bought a Penthouse, a BMW .. asked all come and visit.. and then said how much he earned on month.. how he played golf.. :sweat:

If the penthouse and BMW is purchased using a bank loan, it still belongs to the bank until the loan is cleared. Unless it is fully paid, he has no true ownership of those items yet. So, there is nothing great about it. :)

Btw, did you guys noticed that the clothing retail stores/shops are rather quiet during this CNY? Seems like, there are not many people getting new clothes during this year's CNY...

If the penthouse and BMW is purchased using a bank loan, it still belongs to the bank until the loan is cleared. Unless it is fully paid, he has no true ownership of those items yet. So, there is nothing great about it. :)

Btw, did you guys noticed that the clothing retail stores/shops are rather quiet during this CNY? Seems like, there are not many people getting new clothes during this year's CNY...

sorry, he bought it in cash.. he is an oil trader... he dun need loan or credit.

agree, never see lion dance, or even hear the drum beat.

not only with the passing of the elder in the family means no anchor person, the lion dance is also a dying art form i think. youngsters just treat it like a hobby, lack commitment. or it could be that everyone is cutting cost, so dont call for lions dance for the reopening of the shop ceremony?
Ya, all the dying trades..

I think possibly also not lucrative to run lion dance business.. How often do you see lion dances anyways? The environment here is not so feasible.. Maybe because Singaporeans are not so traditional, heh.

Ah, I also feel that its too quiet this year... All my cousins slightly older than me all overseas in university, no one to talk to. The older cousins who finished studying all suddenly come back but all got some gf or bf... Ended up spending time sharpening kitchen knives for lunch prepration since my grandfather passed away (he keeps the knives sharp at that time) and since no one to talk to. The house becomes so quiet lah, no rowdy little children running about making noise and mess. All grown up... Have to wait till 4th generation to appear if ever.

i think is the GST also.... my collection drop by 12% compaired to last year and i only visited like 7homes(down from 17, cos many are saying they not free or go malaysia and countries near here).....

I see more lion dance lorries this year than previous two years!

This is normal for hi-society-wanna-bes.
Usually they are highly leveraged. (read: owe people and banks LOTS of $$$)
And can go bankrupt anytime.

Most Sing detest these idiots.
That is why most of us go overseas on tour during CNY.
One more reason - no taxis! All on call or cannot be found.
Why tolerate this? Go overseas and spend the money on others who are willing to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.