CNY Fireworks 2008 - River Hong Bao @ Esplanade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Padang there alot of ppl taking fireworks?

Padang got people playing football. Think should clear by night time.

I've seen the so call "rehearsal" or trial twice. Yupp, they are indeed low low kind of fireworks. From my angle, they seems to be near the OUB Area, beside the river... Think City Hall or padang will get a good view. Watch out for the trees ya...

Happy shootin and Happy Lunar New Year to all CSer!!!

Raven

That's not a rehearsal. That's actually an OCBC event on Monday & Tuesday last week at the Asian Civilization Museum.

Just over. Pretty mediocre. Not worth skipping reunion dinner to shoot. Lol.

Maybe tomorrow's 8 min one would be better? It's at midnight anyway. Should have lots of time to eat. Anyone found the perfect spot yet??

Note : the firework today was launched from the Esplanade Drive bridge. IMO, it is not a good idea to be shooting the fireworks from the Merlion park. it is just to close to take good shots... :(

any shots?? please post! it'll help other bros to plan where to shoot tomo night!

i shot from the open stage at esplande side, next to the floating stadium. there are cranes and construction.

p2052233xe3.jpg

Just back from Padang. Half of the fireworks are blocked by the trees. Today was the smallest scale public display of fireworks which I've seen over the last few years.

Does anyone has a good view of the fireworks from their shooting location? Padang is bad. Can only aim at the sky with no cityscape.

sheares bridge would probably be the best location.

i agree with it... i was too near to the bridge n with some pro's... hardly got the whole view of it n the road lamp is blocking the view also... worst i'm using 18-55mm kits lens... :cry:

the firework is really low, please take note... :)

Was at Esplanade Park, facing the Esp bridge in front of the row of food stalls. View is okay but smoked out :thumbsd:

Guess the display is okay but the ending was kinda tacky :think:

very disappointed, doesnt have the wah or wow effect. but guess its for safety reason since the firing point is near to people.

IMG_9816.jpg

IMG_98211.jpg

IMG_98221.jpg

IMG_9827.jpg

u r forgetting the few big poles (or is it supporting spot light) on the floating stadium...

Was at Esplanade Park, facing the Esp bridge in front of the row of food stalls. View is okay but smoked out :thumbsd:

Guess the display is okay but the ending was kinda tacky :think:

any pics from ur location?
as for the ending firework that "fell" downward from the brig,i think u can only take a shot of it just as it's starting so u can avoid the smoke out.

as for the ending firework that "fell" downward from the brig,i think u can only take a shot of it just as it's starting so u can avoid the smoke out.

It looked like the bridge was on fire :devil:

here's mine...

2243784999_6caf4035ed.jpg

pretty lousy spot i had. couldnt fit the fireworks with the background into my frame. hah.

Photos taken on Anderson Bridge.

2008_CNY_Fireworks_5_Feb_08_01.JPG

2008_CNY_Fireworks_5_Feb_08_03.JPG

2008_CNY_Fireworks_5_Feb_08_04.JPG

2008_CNY_Fireworks_5_Feb_08_07.JPG

2008_CNY_Fireworks_5_Feb_08_08.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.