CNY @chinatown

Status
Not open for further replies.

doOio

Dec 12, 2007
Bukit Batok
2270533919_2b945d9188.jpg

Taken this pic at Chinatown during CNY. Intended to show the contrast of the 2 places (Slow VS Fast, Bright VS Dim).

I thought it was a good idea but when I look at this end pdt, it didnt come out to be "rtg to the eyes". :embrass:

The lighting condition was very tricky to me :sweat:
hmm..Not sure how to improve it or if this can ever be improved. Would welcome comments on composition, photoraphy or post-processing techniques.

Used PS to cropped & saturated the color.

Camera: nikon d80
Aperture: F3.86
Shutter speed: 1/5"
Exposure compensation: 0.0

Thanks in advance!

hmmm, from the position and location you were standing it you could have used a wide angle lens to shoot cos i feel the picture is too tigh

the picture seems a little too bright.

all the best!:)

quite right to say its not "right to the eyes" the red and white thing i suppose is a awing... seems to stand out the most in the pictures... and all the head were being chopped off... at the bottom... and there's not enough "fast" to be seen... only a turning head trying to see what you're taking seems to be the only "fast" in there...

I have to say its not a good location for this theme... the idea is good... but subject wise... i don't think you can make this into a good picture... simply too messy... :sweat:

Just my humble opinion of this picture... i also take lots of this kinda picture too... in the end, all in the rubbish bin good thing its digital now :p unlike old times... develope already then smack the head...

Technically what you need to do is take 2 exposures, one for the top and another for the bottom and splice them together post-process.

Compositionally go for a portrait format. You will capture more than just people's heads and bustle of the night market as well. It would be good to have a wider lense but we all make do with what we have.

Thank you so much for all the insightful feedback so far :)

foxtwo: that is so smart! haahaa. If i have thought of that, i wouldn't be standing in the middle of the crowded street blocking people's way for so long! Am trying to imagine how it would look like if I have a wider lens to use. Or maybe i could try to stand further back to capture more?

viewming: Yup. Agree with you. To me, one of the challenge at the night market is to arrange the messiness in my frame. still have a long way to learn (another challenge is to persuade myself to bring my giant tripod out :bsmilie:)

pplneedthelord: it was not so tight before i cropped it. shot it at 26mm. tried many ways to try to "save" this pic but think in the end i made it worst haahaa ;p

This is the original pic before i ruined it further :bheart:
2271798094_8608667b87.jpg

there are some interesting elements in your photo. this is my version after editing what you posted.

things like the "backstage bar" the theatre faces hanging on the top. the red arrow pointing to the man sitting in the shadows on the right.
in the foreground the blurred man on the right bottom corner draws attention to the top of the frame as does the woman looking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.