CNY: Chinatown Chinese New Year Light Up @ 27 Jan 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett81

Aug 9, 2005
This year, firecrackers will still be lit up at the LIGHT UP Ceremony of the Chinatown Chinese New Year Light Up.

Date: 27 January 2007
Time: 7.00pm
Venue: New Bridge Road

A must-see for both locals and tourists is the Light-up Ceremony. In store for lucky spectators this year is a programme consisting choreographed fireworks, pyrotechnics and confetti as well as the setting of live firecrackers!

More info will be posted as news come in.

Great, tku! :)

This year, firecrackers will still be lit up at the LIGHT UP Ceremony of the Chinatown Chinese New Year Light Up.

Date: 27 January 2007
Time: 7.00pm
Venue: New Bridge Road

A must-see for both locals and tourists is the Light-up Ceremony. In store for lucky spectators this year is a programme consisting choreographed fireworks, pyrotechnics and confetti as well as the setting of live firecrackers!

More info will be posted as news come in.

The main firecrackers will be hung up at Garden Bridge (bridge connecting People's Park to Lucky Chinatown).

Firecrackers will also be hung at some different places at Chinatown too.

Event organisers will be holding a press conference as we near the 27 Jan 2007 date.

Watch out for it!

but then for photographers like us, i dun think what we can take from it, was there last year, hard to shoot the sparks even:confused:

Heard from the news that this year will have fireworks which will last 8mins which is 5 mins more then last year!:bsmilie:

Heard from the news that this year will have fireworks which will last 8mins which is 5 mins more then last year!:bsmilie:
maybe is those take long long time to blow up on leh?

Another round for firework shoot practice.:thumbsup:
seah, new year firework shoot turn out badly. ;(
Time to do some ground work,to survey nice spot to catch firework again.

wrong thread siah.

That is for River HongBao at Esplanade!

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=248702&page=2

I know abt the River 'Ang Bao' but iirc last year i standing in the rain watching fireworks which last abt 3mins or so ... i think it is on "Yuan Siao Jie" last day of lunar new year!:sweat: Or can anyone remember?:think:

Last year, too crowded to get anywhere near to the main event area unless you're prepared to come many hours before the scheduled time.

Also fireworks there were not exactly spectacular (due to the space constraint there and safety reasons) and were not easy to shoot. From the nearby HDB block at Hong Lim, still got over-exposed buildings at just 2 seconds, F/8 at ISO 100. Need to shoot at F/11 or smaller. But then, the smallest aperture on my camera is F/8. So most of the pictures taken last year by me there were over-exposed fireworks. The one below is already the better one.

dscn00547ny.jpg

Last year, too crowded to get anywhere near to the main event area unless you're prepared to come many hours before the scheduled time.

Also fireworks there were not exactly spectacular (due to the space constraint there and safety reasons) and were not easy to shoot. From the nearby HDB block at Hong Lim, still got over-exposed buildings at just 2 seconds, F/8 at ISO 100. Need to shoot at F/11 or smaller. But then, the smallest aperture on my camera is F/8. So most of the pictures taken last year by me there were over-exposed fireworks. The one below is already the better one.

dscn00547ny.jpg
wow :thumbsup: Nice pic.
Last year i heard there were setting there for the last time,maybe this year new location?

Last year i heard there were setting there for the last time,maybe this year new location?

From your posts in the recent past, you seem to be a different person from the L. Leow I get to know in this forum. You forgot what lens you own and also seem to have forgotten that you were at Hong Lim HDB block shooting the Chinatown Light-up fireworks last year. Even your nice gallery is gone. :think:

From your posts in the recent past, you seem to be a different person from the L. Leow I get to know in this forum. You forgot what lens you own and also seem to have forgotten that you were at Hong Lim HDB block shooting the Chinatown Light-up fireworks last year. Even your nice gallery is gone. :think:
Hey bro,my work have make me abit forgetful and been thinking alot lately.Abit sot sot liao.
But i cannot forget you was 2 floors up above me that day:bsmilie:
I always like the way you shoot and PP with your trusty 5700.
And your firework are always with minimum smoke around.:)
I'm still trying to re upload new photos into my pbase site.
Hope to see you around soon.;)

:) :)

Hey dude...after all that talk.....
so to sum it up.....the fireworks will happen at the ESTIMATED venue shown in the pix rite?:)

:) :)

Hey dude...after all that talk.....
so to sum it up.....the fireworks will happen at the ESTIMATED venue shown in the pix rite?:)
It should be,afterall i can't think of any other place.It's quite restricted.

Hey bro,my work have make me abit forgetful and been thinking alot lately.Abit sot sot liao.
But i cannot forget you was 2 floors up above me that day:bsmilie:
I always like the way you shoot and PP with your trusty 5700.
And your firework are always with minimum smoke around.:)
I'm still trying to re upload new photos into my pbase site.
Hope to see you around soon.;)

haha. Looks like you're not suffering from Amnesia after all.

I will probably stick to a prosumer camera for the foreseeable future because the trouble of carrying a bulky DSLR system really puts me off and, as my understanding of photography improves, I've learnt to live within the realms of the prosumer camera's capability.

I think for this coming Saturday, I may just wonder around Chinatown and try to capture the atmosphere on the ground instead of trying to take pictures of the fireworks.

anyone going to camp at the hong lim hdb flats there tmr? the fireworks confirm fire from the same place as shown in the photos right?

anyone going to camp at the hong lim hdb flats there tmr? the fireworks confirm fire from the same place as shown in the photos right?

There are sure to be a few people on each of the highest levels.

If I don't have anything better to do, I will be going on the streets around Chinatown area to enjoy the atmosphere and capture a few moments.

May be 4pm shoot Spring in the City @Raffles City again and then to China Town at 5pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.