CNY 2006 chinatown

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainsmoker

Aug 7, 2005
GagalandCloud9
Thought of starting a thread for Oly users to share their favorite photos captured at Chinatown. With a place and enviroment thats familiar to us, photos from different Oly users can share the underlying possibilities. Also its a good way to usher in the new year, all are welcome.
As this thread may become image intensive, maybe resize to 480. Comments thanks.:cheers:

X marks the spot
_1210025.jpg

_1210045.jpg

_1210041.jpg

I like your pix 3.. with blue sky and pix 2 is also nice.
Exposure for pix 2 is better
:cheers:

Hehe thanks bros, 1st time ever that ppl like my pic.
Thank You Thank You :bsmilie:

#3 is extremely interesting.... chinatown against the backdrop of the skyscrappers. I like it.

Nice pic #3 with good view point, what is the exposure settings and you shot from which building?

TIA
cheers

Teo said:
Nice pic #3 with good view point, what is the exposure settings and you shot from which building?

TIA
cheers

Ya, I also wanna know. Last nite, I was at Chinatown....the shots I took were so mediocre and P&S-like that I damn malu to upload.

I shot without flash and used Aperature with f2.8-3.x throughout. The shots cam out ok but still need to Picasa to push up the fill-light......:( to suit my preference

I love no.3.
Nice ambience and colour. Almost feel like rushing down to have a feel of the hustle n bustle the moment I saw the pic.
The CBD building with most of the lights switched off -just can't help but to paint a impression that everybody had rushed down to enjoy the atmosphere rather than staying in the office working.;)

The 1st pic shows where the spot is taken from, it was on the 3rd floor of the HDB chinatown complex. To take pic1, it was from the 24th floor of that HDB building. The view is breath taking, someone else has a excellent shot of the view here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=174039

As for the cam settings, u can see the exif data. In case, u do not know wat exif software to use. Try the free version here http://www.opanda.com/en/download/index.html After installing it, onli need to right click on pics and choose "view exif data".

Hope this helps. Thanks for the interests and kind comments

Yup, Pic #3 is very nice.

ykkok said:
Yup, Pic #3 is very nice.
Hey thanks. Am still wondering why no one has pasted any pics of CNY yet. No one goes to Chinatown, then maybe can share where got good bargain for festive goods :bsmilie:

I have been there the past 3 years, but not this year.

Don't have enough time to even do spring cleaning!

ykkok said:
I have been there the past 3 years, but not this year.

Don't have enough time to even do spring cleaning!
Most times its either raining or so very crowded to take anything useful.
Maybe u like to share yr photos of the previous years, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.