CMOS Technology Sweeping the World!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

geronimo

Hi guys,

am about to get the Canon A60/70 but was kinda "warned" by one of my friend to wait out for a while cos the new CMOS technology will sweep the market soon, replacing the current CCD technology...n Digicams will be much cheaper in future!!

Have read up in websites with regards to this technology (though it has some slight disadvantages as compared to the current CCD technology) but there's no news when it'll be implemented fully (apparently, it's used in low-end digicams now), especially with regards to Singapore and this region. Anybody has any comments on this and roughly when it'll sweep the higher-end digicams (like A70) market in a big way?

Originally posted by geronimo
Hi guys,

am about to get the Canon A60/70 but was kinda "warned" by one of my friend to wait out for a while cos the new CMOS technology will sweep the market soon, replacing the current CCD technology...n Digicams will be much cheaper in future!!

Have read up in websites with regards to this technology (though it has some slight disadvantages as compared to the current CCD technology) but there's no news when it'll be implemented fully (apparently, it's used in low-end digicams now), especially with regards to Singapore and this region. Anybody has any comments on this and roughly when it'll sweep the higher-end digicams (like A70) market in a big way?

gosh are u taking mass comm? u write like a PR ;p
no ccds are more estab for high res cams. cmos is still pretty much webcams and dslrs...

manufacturers who use CMOS on their DSLRs still use CCDs on their lower-end models, and that is proof enough that both CCD and CMOS will be here to stay for quite some time still. I would say that neither CCD nor CMOS technology has matured enough for anyone to single out which is better.

don't wait if you've set your mind on purchasing something. There's always something newer and better just around the corner, so just be happy and content with your purchase and console yourself with the images that you can produce with it.

Originally posted by munfai
both CCD and CMOS will be here to stay for quite some time still. You will simply not find and CMOS on cameras other than DSLRs in the near future.

Actually as what someone has pointed out, CMOS has been around on those 1.3MP digicams and webcams for 2years or more due to its lower cost.

Only canon bothered to develop its potential and dump it into a DSLR body.

Originally posted by Zerstorer
Actually as what someone has pointed out, CMOS has been around on those 1.3MP digicams and webcams for 2years or more due to its lower cost.

yup... so i noticed and edited my post. :embrass: thanks.

Originally posted by munfai
don't wait if you've set your mind on purchasing something. There's always something newer and better just around the corner, so just be happy and content with your purchase and console yourself with the images that you can produce with it.

Simply don't buy anything because of a cool/new technology, unless it's specifically relevant to YOUR use...

heh heh, canon is already using CMOS on their top-range professional DSLR. And @ 11.1megapix, its one of the highest res.

Well, don't buy the A60/70 and wait for that CMOS sensor and spend your time here arguing; in the meantime, I'll be heading out to take photos with my Ixus V2 while you wait and debate endlessly.

ciao!

Originally posted by YSLee
Well, don't buy the A60/70 and wait for that CMOS sensor and spend your time here arguing; in the meantime, I'll be heading out to take photos with my Ixus V2 while you wait and debate endlessly.

ciao!

wahahahhahahhah:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

sorry could not resist it!

regards

but it's true u know... while u wait others have already enjoyed shooting with whatever they have and learnt their next evolutionary step...

Status
Not open for further replies.