Clupsnap Users getting more mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloSeattle

Mar 18, 2008
Pasir Ris
www.friendster.com
I think clubsnap users are getting more tough and rough with their comments to new photographers and others! Do you think so? ;)

Was going around and seeing the comments they gave! So decided to just see! Haha or maybe the way they phrase their so called "thoughts"

You saw those old Jacky Chan movie or not? You see how the sifu treat all his students? Rough or not? heheheheh....

Impart free knowledge, expriences or advice and still must be so worry about their sensitivity. That is why I always say SIngaporean are getting too soft and sensitive... requiring too much spoon feeding.

But the funny thing is this as it never work the other way around. How come those having a problem to solve are not sensitive enough for other to consider FIRST maybe they should search the CS site for a possible answer to their question or use a search engine to get one. I know I do. And usually, it is already there fully explained in depth and in pictures too but rather they come in to be served hand and foot and all attention focused on them to being fed the information spoon full by spoon full but yet is not tolerating about be too harsh with their comments etc. And I also notice when it has been explained... not many even say Thank you. Also...maybe the tone use by people providing the comments or help hints sounded abit rough due to improper use of language or expression in words but when the one seeking comment or help comes across rough and unappreciative or critical that the infor give is not enough? We can't consider that to be rough or rude? How should we react?

Funny how we see the world hor. heheh. Live and Let live.

PS: I use to write alot of tips and advices but even I have cut down by a huge margin and hang about kopitiam to talk cok as I got whack by negative and unappreciative remarks or action. So now I get extremely picky and I think there are others like me too.... all the newbies keep doing this and more folk who does have the knowledge will start being even less helpful and maybe be more smirk.

Last edited:
You saw those old Jacky Chan movie or not? You see how the sifu treat all his students? Rough or not? heheheheh....

Impart free knowledge, expriences or advice and still must be so worry about their sensitivity. That is why I always say SIngaporean are getting too soft and sensitive... requiring too much spoon feeding.

But the funny thing is this as it never work the other way around. How come those having a problem to solve are not sensitive enough for other to consider FIRST maybe they should search the CS site for a possible answer to their question or use a search engine to get one. I know I do. And usually, it is already there fully explained in depth and in pictures too but rather they come in to be served hand and foot and all attention focused on them to being fed the information spoon full by spoon full but yet is not tolerating about be too harsh with their comments etc. And I also notice when it has been explained... not many even say Thank you. Also...maybe the tone use by the people provide the comment or help sounded abit rough but how come the comments we get after writing a long advice also come across rough and unappreciative or critical that the infor give is not enough?

Funny how we see the world hor. heheh. Live and Let live.

mmh i like your perspective towards this :D

I think people are to insensitive towards the first time posters when it comes to commenting their photos. People just dont think before they reply to their post i guess? That's how i think! spoon feeding part just maybe ;) Agree with you that people like to repost questions that has already been answered before, which leads to redundancy!

cheers ;)

If you think posting tough remarks is bad in CS.............wait till you work with professional photographers, you will pee on your pants.

When your photos are bad, it's bad. Why beat round the bush telling long tales of it.

I can only say some commentators who comments have a short span of vocabulary.......so choice of words are quite limited.

Singaporeans have been spoon fed long enough.......please, if you can't take it don't post your photos.

I think clubsnap users are getting more tough and rough with their comments to new photographers and others! Do you think so? ;)
I don't think that Clubsnap members are becoming more mean to newbies. Being such a large community, the attitudes displayed online is actually just a representation of the Singapore population as a whole.

If a newbie comes in all guns blazing and fires off redundant posts without first looking at the FAQ or doing a search first to check if the question has been asked before, sure to get whacked by the regulars here wat. You can't plead ignorance for lack of common sense or courtesy. A person doing this in real life is sure to get the same "mean" comments right? :bsmilie:

Being a new member here myself, I find that if you ask questions or contribute to topics respectfully and thoughtfully, you will get the same treatment in return :lovegrin:

...all the newbies keep doing this and more folk who does have the knowledge will start being even less helpful and maybe be more smirk.
Eh I always thought you are a good wordsmith, but how do you be "smirk"? :bsmilie:

(u mean smug? :p)

I don't think that Clubsnap members are becoming more mean to newbies. Being such a large community, the attitudes displayed online is actually just a representation of the Singapore population as a whole.

If a newbie comes in all guns blazing and fires off redundant posts without first looking at the FAQ or doing a search first to check if the question has been asked before, sure to get whacked by the regulars here wat. You can't plead ignorance for lack of common sense or courtesy. A person doing this in real life is sure to get the same "mean" comments right? :bsmilie:

Being a new member here myself, I find that if you ask questions or contribute to topics respectfully and thoughtfully, you will get the same treatment in return :lovegrin:

If you do that part as you said it... I guaranteed there will be alot that will help.

If you think posting tough remarks is bad in CS.............wait till you work with professional photographers, you will pee on your pants.

When your photos are bad, it's bad. Why beat round the bush telling long tales of it.

I can only say some commentators who comments have a short span of vocabulary.......so choice of words are quite limited.

Singaporeans have been spoon fed long enough.......please, if you can't take it don't post your photos.

Haha take chance on new people huh :( At one shot people throw bad comments! They will get dishearten!

Cant help it with short span of vocabulary for some i suppose? Singaporeans dont bother boosting their vocab aye?

But yes they have been spoon fed too long!

Eh I always thought you are a good wordsmith, but how do you be "smirk"? :bsmilie:

(u mean smug? :p)

Dyslexia attack.... heheh I am at the office... The spell check feature in my IE is not there heheh I did mean SMUG. Scanned afew times but it escapes me heheh.

Me not a wordsmith leh.. my dyslexia is creeping back since I don't write long cok and bull stories here much now heheheh....

Haha take chance on new people huh :( At one shot people throw bad comments! They will get dishearten!

if they are serious enough, no amount of bad comments will dishearten them

and if they are serious enough, a lot of the usual threads won't be repeated over and over again like

1) what camera to buy la
2) what tripod to buy la
3) how to use my camera la
4) which camera is better la

sometimes there are valid queries, where information is not so easily found. but a lot of the time it's a demand, a loud cry for "SPOONFEED ME, I"M TOO LAZY".. and you'll have to pardon the response that they should get a hard knock on the head.

respect is earned, not given. that said, i think a certain amount of mutual respect should be given in the first place.

Last edited:

Yes! Respectfully & thoughtfully! So agree with you! I think this forum was better at the start of the year! Everyone/most of the people were giving decent comments, ones that dont demoralize you and all! Haha

if they are serious enough, no amount of bad comments will dishearten them

and if they are serious enough, a lot of the usual threads won't be repeated over and over again like

1) what camera to buy la
2) what tripod to buy la
3) how to use my camera la
4) which camera is better la

sometimes there are valid queries, where information is not so easily found. but a lot of the time it's a demand, a loud cry for "SPOONFEED ME, I"M TOO LAZY".. and you'll have to pardon the response that they should get a hard knock on the head.

true true. About photo C&C wise? arent some people abit harsh?

About photo C&C wise? arent some people abit harsh?

As long comments are constructive, I think they're useful, regardless of tone delivered.

While there are those who are harsh with their comments, there are also those who are gentle/patient.

Oh boy... You're refering to this thread??

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443983

Haha...

Sorry sorry.... My bad.... *sayang sayang*..... :kiss::lovegrin:

Nah your comment wasnt even mean. Mmhm like i've said, you cant see the picture at all! If you realize my comments in there were just plain sarcastic towards you :) If you cant tell, or too dumb to tell?

At one shot people throw bad comments! They will get dishearten!
That's why its good to lurk around when you first join and find out what are the social norms with the forum and learn from other's mistakes. The same rules in real life apply in the virtual space of an online forum as well, but sadly a lot of people don't realise that. If you want fuzzy hugs and kisses, cuteoverload.com is probably a better online community to seek that :D

Dyslexia attack.... heheh I am at the office... The spell check feature in my IE is not there heheh I did mean SMUG. Scanned afew times but it escapes me heheh.

Me not a wordsmith leh.. my dyslexia is creeping back since I don't write long cok and bull stories here much now heheheh....

Though you don't write long c&bull stories, your one liners are sometimes as potent, dyslexia or not :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.