ClubSNAP's Primary DNS server is down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Our primary DNS server is down and is affecting several areas of our website as well as making some our domains unavailable.

The main area of our website affected are members webspace as the primary DNS contains all the redirects to the relevant servers that host the data. The members data are all intact, just that the pointers (as served by the primary DNS) are no longer accessible.

Members in other parts of the world may also be experiencing issues getting access to the site via the .com and .org domains; they may try the other domains that we have registered to and they are :-

www.clubsnap.sg
www.clubsnap.com.sg
www.clubsnap.net

Edmund has been toiling away since this morning to bring the primary DNS server back up again, however we currently have no timeline as to when will be possible.

We extend our sincere apologies, especially to our webspace subscribers, and we ask for your patience while we work the issue.

Update:

Our primary DNS has suffered a hardware failure and we have been unable to use standard parts (i.e. off-the-shelf from local retail shops) to replace.

As a stopgap measure, we are manually moving all domains and subdomains records to other outsourced DNS(s) while we source for replacement hardware parts (this is a pretty old server so we are expecting to have alot of difficulty finding them). This will minimise downtime and "buy" us more time to fix our server.

As far as domains and subdomains records go, it will take anywhere from 24hrs to 48hrs to fully propogate worldwide.

We are sorry for the incovenience caused and ask for your continued patience while we make the updates (especially all affected webspace members!) over the next few hours (many many records!!). :sweat:

Hi Edmund :) no worries bout the DNS(s) i think the rest of us in CS understands you guys don't worry and keep up the good work :) at least u got the site up again :) so no worries if we can do anything to help just tell us :) or at least me :p

All the best and God Bless :)

All the best in the work progress. :)

Thank you for the hardwork. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
isit my eyes or wat? haha
CS seem to have changed its font type

Update:

Ok, domains & subdomains records have been moved over to the outsourced DNS(s). :sweatsm:

I am sure some would have been missed so for those of you who are still having problems by 9pm on 20th May 2008, kindly drop me or Darren or Simon a pm and we will work on yours asap. Thanks for your continued patience!

Hi everybody,

I wonder if the server is still down. I am still finding great difficulty to get thru. Anyway for the record I believe us CSers are really appreciative of the repair work behind the scene.
A BIG UP:thumbsup::thumbsup: for all the wonder works.

BTW I had to go thru Google.com.sg to get thru.
:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.