Clubsnapper's review: Fuji 602z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by wiz

mpenza, which is better vivitar 285HV or Metz 32Z-1 ??
maybe time for me to get a flash....

The 285HV is more powerful while the 32Z1 can swivel. You have to decide which one is more important for you. The 285HV is also cheaper and heavier.

Wow u guys shld get commission from fuji str8 for the promo.......;p

hehe....im one of those who after reading decided on ur suggestions.....

;p :bsmilie:

am I too late? A previous s602z owner adding in something....:D

I agree with all the opinions of the sGozzers who contributed, seems like our likes and discontentment are more or less the same. But there's something I'd like to point out. Although s602z does not have a AF-assist lamp, and that the low-light AF seems to suck, I realise that at times, when the cam indicates that AF failed, it actually locked on AF correctly. I don't know how it works, maybe it will focus to the distance it thinks is the closest, yet can't confirm thus show AF failed. But if you snap anyway, and examine the pic on the PC, 80% of the time (for me) the pic is still focussed well, as long as you are further than the minimum focus distance.

Just my non-scientific input, don't know if it helps or not.

Originally posted by Tweek
am I too late? A previous s602z owner adding in something....:D

I agree with all the opinions of the sGozzers who contributed, seems like our likes and discontentment are more or less the same. But there's something I'd like to point out. Although s602z does not have a AF-assist lamp, and that the low-light AF seems to suck, I realise that at times, when the cam indicates that AF failed, it actually locked on AF correctly. I don't know how it works, maybe it will focus to the distance it thinks is the closest, yet can't confirm thus show AF failed. But if you snap anyway, and examine the pic on the PC, 80% of the time (for me) the pic is still focussed well, as long as you are further than the minimum focus distance.

Just my non-scientific input, don't know if it helps or not.

Yep...similar experience here, just that the percentage might be lower. About 60%?

However, it does help if you keep further away from the subject when in doubt as slight dfferences in focus might be compensated by the greater DOF. Then again...you will be forced to zoom in and the focusing ability reduces....catch 22 here..;p

Originally posted by Zerstorer
However, it does help if you keep further away from the subject when in doubt as slight dfferences in focus might be compensated by the greater DOF. Then again...you will be forced to zoom in and the focusing ability reduces....catch 22 here..;p

yes that's a good point too. Anyway just to relate my experience, I've taken a series of shots in a room with curtain drawn, only light is from the monitor. Took about 50 shots, of subjects about 1 to 2m away, full-wideangle. Turned out that 80% of the shots were sharp, altho the cam indicated AF failed.

Fuji digicams are supposed to focus at 2m when AF fails. My Finepix 2400 manual says to be 2m away from subject if AF fails. The 602 manual does not say so explicitly, but I think it behaves the same way.

What is the thread size of the lens adapter to get?

Originally posted by mpenza
if you're getting Fuji telelens or wideangle converter, you get a 55-55mm adaptor free.
wat is the price for wideangle converter now huh? ;)

How does Fuji FPS602Z fare in taking portrait shots? Anyone can tell me? Or better yet, got examples? :D

Oh thank u thank u... Very nice indeed! Too bad you shrinked the size. But why ah? I mean... many of us who have been to the motor show will already have their photos mah.

Anyway, anymore examples? :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.