Clubsnappers in Perth for photo meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfibius

Deregistered
Jan 26, 2004
Perth
I realize there are not very many of us. I would like to organize some photo shoots in Perth. Format will be something like this:

1. Meet somewhere
2. Shoot
3. Have dinner or a beer
4. Post best pix on CS.

Register your interest in this thread and turn on "Instant email notification" so if one of us organizes something, all of you will get notified.

nikonians allowed?

If I have time I'll consider joining in.

Of course Nikonians are allowed! We're camera agnostics here! :bsmilie:

This is OT and a cross post, but I'm after maximum exposure for the list as someone may spot it here or elsewhere in Australia.

EQUIPMENT STOLEN 09/09/2002 PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA. - REWARD OFFERED

The following kit is still unrecovered following a burglary at my home.

Nikon F4s body: S/N: 2515041
Nikon MF-23 Databack for F4s: S/N 201155
Nikon FE body: S/N: 3851721
Nikon MD-12: S/N: 1000455

Nikkor 28mm PC Nikkor AIS: S/N: 211278
Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 AFn-D: S/N 774875
Nikkor 55mm f3.5 Micro Nikkor: S/N 249583
Nikon TC-14E-II S/N: 204007
Nikon TC-20E-II S/N: 204147
Nikon 300mm f2.8 AFn-D - no serial number
Serial number plate is very brassed and S/N can no longer be read. Lens shows considerable wear around the strap mounts (heavy brassing) and around the lens hood/extension region. Inbuilt lens extension does not work. There is no lens hood pouch.

52mm filters
Hama X0
Hama X1
Hama R25
Hama G
Hama O
Hama Y25
Tiffen CPL
Marumi 81a
Cross Screen
Diffusion Spot
Sand Filter

77mm filters
Hama CPL
Hama ND-4

Misc filters
72mm Hama CPL
Nikon CP-1L
52mm drop in CPL for Nikon 400/2.8 AFS

*All Hama filters are HTMC model

Misc Kit
RRS QR plate for 80-200 AFn-D
Kirk QR plate for 300/2.8
Graf QR plate (generic camera)
Nikon SC-17
Siegelite flash bracket
Canon Digital Ixus (no s/n recorded)
Lowepro Trekker Classic backpack (green/black)
2 Lowepro filter wallets (green/tan)
Set of 3 'no name' Extension tubes (Nikon AIS)
- tubes have external AIS connection.

I am offering a personal reward of $1250 AUD for information that leads to the recovery of the above kit.

Reward will only be paid upon the successful recovery of the lenses and bodies by the Police

Anyone seeing any of this kit please contact me via PM
Or call / visit any WA police station with details of where you saw the gear.

Gee, that's a lot of gear Ian - sorry to hear about your loss :(

Back on topic - shall we make our first meet this week? This is my suggestion:

When: Sunday, 18th April, 3:30pm.

Where: Meet in the McDonalds in South Perth (corner Canning Highway and Berwick St). Aim is to go to the Kalamunda Hills / Canning dam. This is about 40km east of Perth. Plenty of nice trees, wildlife, and a few waterfalls to shoot. Meet early, drive to the destination, and then go around looking for places to catch the sunset.

Bring: Your camera gear, tripod, and WARM CLOTHES. It gets very chilly when the sun goes down.

Who's going: Me (10D).

I haven't been out there for a long time, so forgive me if I get a bit lost! For CS'ers who don't have a car, I can pick you up provided you don't live too far from the CBD. I'm in Como.

I have a few ideas for other meets as well - but they involve a day trip as considerable distances are involved (eg, York, Brookton, Notre Dame ...). I think it's better that we keep it simple first and get to know each other a bit.

Register your interest in this thread and i'll PM you my mobile number.

(edit) have been told by my cousin that the Classic Car Rally is on at the same day from 10am - 2:40pm. I will probably go to that and then go to the meet. If any of you want to go to the CCR, let me know.

Hmm... Good opportunity to burn my way-past-expiry slides. :D

Who's going:
1) Amfibius (10D)
2) pascalc (FM2)
3)

How do I register? Do I just copy the list and put my name down? Can anyone join the trip/meet or it's limited to clubsnapers?

navy-jag said:
How do I register? Do I just copy the list and put my name down? Can anyone join the trip/meet or it's limited to clubsnapers?

Anyone can go.

1. Amfibius (10D)
2. Pascalc (FM2)
3. navy-jag

BTW PascalC ... do you happen to be a doctor ... I have a sneaking suspicion I might know you :p

Amfibius said:
BTW PascalC ... do you happen to be a doctor ... I have a sneaking suspicion I might know you :p

No... Far from it :bsmilie:

I won't be able to make it, I'm working.

Oi pascal and navy-jag ... u coming or not? Reply your PM's lah ...

There is still the Perth Overclockers Photo Meet on the 16th of May in the Bickley Valley. You have to register on OCAU to view the thread.

Alternatively, PRA Imaging is organizing a photo shoot in the Fremantle Motor Museum (with a model) on Tuesday the 11th of May. It will cost $50.

PM me if interested in either event.

Amfibius said:
There is still the Perth Overclockers Photo Meet on the 16th of May in the Bickley Valley. You have to register on OCAU to view the thread.

Alternatively, PRA Imaging is organizing a photo shoot in the Fremantle Motor Museum (with a model) on Tuesday the 11th of May. It will cost $50.

PM me if interested in either event.

eeehhh to bad i work both those days, and its getting to the end of semester, which means no life for me :cry: :cry: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.