ClubSnappers in Melbourne.. anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys!!
I have not been following up on this thread. Hardly got time to online. Here I am in Melbourne and is my last nite after so many days of enjoyment. Just in case wanna meet up, I'll be at 122 Lygon Street, My Cafe. Is a boardgame cafe setup by my fren. Do come dropby often or tomorrow morning for a drink with me before I fly if u guys have time.
Cheers mate!!!

mate... your friend has got a boardgame cafe on Lygon? sweet. I've been asked if there's such a thing in Melbourne. I'll be sure to direct people there.

cheers!

Sorry guys!!
I have not been following up on this thread. Hardly got time to online. Here I am in Melbourne and is my last nite after so many days of enjoyment. Just in case wanna meet up, I'll be at 122 Lygon Street, My Cafe. Is a boardgame cafe setup by my fren. Do come dropby often or tomorrow morning for a drink with me before I fly if u guys have time.
Cheers mate!!!

What sort of boardgames would you be referring to?

Hi Melbourne Clubsnappers,

Am real glad to see this thread as I used to stay/study/worked in Melb for a good 5 years. Heard a lot of changes to the city in recent years and am going down with my wifey and kid hoping to show the 'funky' side of Melb.

Heard that there are some cool graffiti sites in Melb city (near Federation Sq) and also in St. Kilda somewhere....anyone can give more specifics on the locations?

Thanks in advance

Hi Melbourne Clubsnappers,

Am real glad to see this thread as I used to stay/study/worked in Melb for a good 5 years. Heard a lot of changes to the city in recent years and am going down with my wifey and kid hoping to show the 'funky' side of Melb.

Heard that there are some cool graffiti sites in Melb city (near Federation Sq) and also in St. Kilda somewhere....anyone can give more specifics on the locations?

Thanks in advance

Ya right... there are great graffiti in Mel City. U can dropby my fren cafe at Lygon Street (MyCafe) and u can check with my fren, June, for the exact street name for the beautiful graffiti. She brought me there. So I believe, she can give u the exact street name.
hahaha... Cheers mate!!

mate... your friend has got a boardgame cafe on Lygon? sweet. I've been asked if there's such a thing in Melbourne. I'll be sure to direct people there.

cheers!

Get into MyCafe and shout for the name "June"... my fren... and send her my regards... hahaha!!! Just quote, Marcus from Singapore recommend u there. hehehe...
Go checkout what sort of boardgame available... cheers mate!!

Hi all Singaporeans who are in Melbourne/Australia,

I was recently told of this massive event happening in Melbourne this year in October 2008. Singaporeans from all over Australia have registered to attend.

https://app.singaporeday.gov.sg/programme.html

If all goes well I should be there...anyone knows if they got the questions right?

Hey fellow Melbournians...

Canon is holding a competition called Photo5. Register and you'll receive 5 objects in the mail, a crayon, ribbon, tealight, bottle of soapy water (for bubbles) and a cocktail umbrella. Open to all Australian residents. Register here, limited places available:

http://www.canon.com.au/photo5/competition/default.aspx

Apparently they had it in 2007 as well but I was completely unaware of it.

Hi all Singaporeans who are in Melbourne/Australia,

I was recently told of this massive event happening in Melbourne this year in October 2008. Singaporeans from all over Australia have registered to attend.

One of the organisers I spoke to said about 6000 are expected to attend.

https://app.singaporeday.gov.sg/programme.html

ClubSnappers in Melbourne have, until now, not met. Hopefully we would meet at this event, somehow.

As per mentioned by Jemapela,

The organizer of the SG Day event are looking for Photographers for the event.
Those interested please email to amy.lim@sg.pico.com for further details.

Hope to meet you guys there. :)

Hope to see/meet some of ClubSnappers in whatever little or much time we have there.

I will be photographing the event.

Just interested to know...how many of us actually made it to the event? A bunch of relatives and myself were about to go, until we heard of the queue going for kilometers, and having to wait 30 mins for food, tiny portions at that, and by the time a few of my aunt's friends actually got there some of the food was already 'sold out'.

After all that effort taken to host the event, you would have thought they'd let it run for a few days so that there would be some crowd control. Moreover it's worrying to see that there are that many Singaporeans in Melbourne...

All the 'quitters' shall gather! :bsmilie:

Hi all!

I was at the event taking photos for OSU and also bumped into Jemapela at the Lost & Found tent (hahah).

I'd be up for a meetup. I just always forget to check this section of the forum as most of the meetups are in Singapore.

Just interested to know...how many of us actually made it to the event? A bunch of relatives and myself were about to go, until we heard of the queue going for kilometers, and having to wait 30 mins for food, tiny portions at that, and by the time a few of my aunt's friends actually got there some of the food was already 'sold out'.

After all that effort taken to host the event, you would have thought they'd let it run for a few days so that there would be some crowd control. Moreover it's worrying to see that there are that many Singaporeans in Melbourne...

All the 'quitters' shall gather! :bsmilie:

What you said about the long queues and tiny portions is quite true. Hawkers from Food Republic were actually flown over to serve free food, but I didn't get to eat any of it because I was at work.

About 2-3 weeks before the day, I was told by the organisers that numbers were only expected to be about 6000. However, according to The Sunday Times, about 11000 attended.

The biggest number of Singaporeans living outside of Singapore is found in Australia, about 40000 of them ("quitters" as you/we/they call us). About 10000 of them live in Melbourne.

I'm curious, why is it worrying to see so many Singaporeans in Melbourne?

Hi all!

I was at the event taking photos for OSU and also bumped into Jemapela at the Lost & Found tent (hahah).

I'd be up for a meetup. I just always forget to check this section of the forum as most of the meetups are in Singapore.

Yes, but neither of us was lost. :bsmilie:

Response for a meet-up has always been cold.

What you said about the long queues and tiny portions is quite true. Hawkers from Food Republic were actually flown over to serve free food, but I didn't get to eat any of it because I was at work.

About 2-3 weeks before the day, I was told by the organisers that numbers were only expected to be about 6000. However, according to The Sunday Times, about 11000 attended.

The biggest number of Singaporeans living outside of Singapore is found in Australia, about 40000 of them ("quitters" as you/we/they call us). About 10000 of them live in Melbourne.

I'm curious, why is it worrying to see so many Singaporeans in Melbourne?
Hi Jemapela and to those who went to the event.. I didn't go to the event, how is it? You guys have fun? If possible, pls share some pics of the event.

Yes, but neither of us was lost. :bsmilie:

Response for a meet-up has always been cold.
Hope we can meet up and take some nice pictures one day :)

I was at sg day too... i'm the one with 40D sigma 70-300mm. Should be quite prominent on that day...was along the stairs taking pics...not sure whether i blocked the view of u guys or the audiences...lol no time for processing the sg day pics yet. Still working on the hen's night and my dance crew pics.

The boardgame cafe is owned by my friend's friend...lol...somehow linked...
Someone said fish fries earlier on? who's keeping it? I'm a fish-lover too.

Anyway...here's my intro...I'm a PhD student fr UniMelb and a street dancer...this yr have been quite a few dance events... with one as international event which is pretty big. If u guys re keen on street photography, u can try tivoli arcade after 7. That's where the breakers practice...u need flash to freeze the fancy spins. Ta~

P.S: I'm performing (hip hop and krumping) on 23,24,25 Oct @ unimelb....anyone interested? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.