Clubsnap with mobile devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotophilic

Jun 18, 2006
big tree town
I don't mean laptops ;p

Have anyone of u tried logging into clubsnap using an internet capable hp or PDA? Any problem?

I'm using a E61 for about a year. I'm using Wifi at home and my E61 works very well with it when i am surfing the net using the E61. Examples of sites i go to includes yahoo, hotmail, wikipedia, etc.

However whenever i tried coming into clubsnap, it will load the page as usual, then all of a sudden, i'll be "kicked out" of the browser and land up in the hp standby screen. Repeating it again usually means that i get kicks out again. But occasionally it will work (for a while, kick out later).

Anyone of u have any experience to share? I don't think there is any problem with my phone (unless it's my settings) as surfing other sites, never did i encounter such things even once.

cs page is quite huge.. your hp got enough memory or not?

I've feedback about this issue before.

I'm using my Nokia E61 and E61i and it is not able to load the Clubsnap website successfully and it will boot out of the website because the memory is not enough.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/index.php?

If I go to the PDA version of the Clubsnap website, the forum thread will not be up to speed.

http://clubsnap.com/forums/archive/index.php/

used E61 to surf CS with no probs

I've feedback about this issue before.

I'm using my Nokia E61 and E61i and it is not able to load the Clubsnap website successfully and it will boot out of the website because the memory is not enough.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/index.php?

If I go to the PDA version of the Clubsnap website, the forum thread will not be up to speed.

http://clubsnap.com/forums/archive/index.php/

thanks for the info.
i click on link but don't seem to bring me to that particular thread.
but it is ok, at least i know that i am not the only one.
so generally the issue should be memory not enough la. ok fine.
thanks!

2095323870_937bdd5046.jpg

2094552287_cb63a5600c.jpg

might be problem with your phone? mine works fine..

+evenstar,

Yes, it'll work some time but it'll boot out of the website when the memory on the E61 is not enough.

Please try and browse the full Clubsnap for a few threads and it'll boot out.

Think it depends on the device. Using U1000 and netfront to view CS without much issue but most of the time using text browse mode to speed up downloading.

Think it depends on the device. Using U1000 and netfront to view CS without much issue but most of the time using text browse mode to speed up downloading.

wat you mean by text browse mode? I also using U1K. ;p

+evenstar,

Yes, it'll work some time but it'll boot out of the website when the memory on the E61 is not enough.

Please try and browse the full Clubsnap for a few threads and it'll boot out.
of course, if you're viewing threads with lots of images (esp the galleries), there won't be enough memory. i've been browsing CS with my phone since i've bought it and have only been booted out when i tried viewing the galleries.

wat you mean by text browse mode? I also using U1K. ;p

It is one of the viewing functions in the third party software called Netfront. Basically it remove all pictures and format, leaving the text and hyperlink.

It is one of the viewing functions in the third party software called Netfront. Basically it remove all pictures and format, leaving the text and hyperlink.

oic...thanks. :)

I use a Nokia E61i to surf ClubSnap as well without problems. I do recommend putting in Opera Mini instead of using the default browser.

might be problem with your phone? mine works fine..

hi, i have no problem surfing other sites, like i have mentioned in the first post. problem only comes in clubsnap. if there is a problem, likely it is due to memory ba.

thanks tSkyes. The opera mini worked pretty well. I entered CS with no difficulties. Althou somehow i still prefer the original browser, i think opera mini is also a great browser. Thanks for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.