Clubsnap unstable lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
I got a number of non-display log ons lately. :eek:

A sign to shoot more instead of surf.

Hmm... so what happened to the money for the gallery subscription thing? I thought the original purpose is to get more bandwidth, upgrade to a better server, something like dat? :dunno:

jsbn said:
Hmm... so what happened to the money for the gallery subscription thing? I thought the original purpose is to get more bandwidth, upgrade to a better server, something like dat? :dunno:
The $ was the replacement for a new DB server. The bandwidth has nothing to do with server load.

Server is overloaded when the application+server cannot handle the number of concurrent users and their concurrent transactions.

Or it might be the webcrawlers updating their DBs at a particular time so the server is overloaded as the webcrawlers use up tonnes of CPU processes.

Unless you wanna chip in for a 4-8way system for CS :sticktong

Unbelievable. :bigeyes: I dunno that CS is so popular.
Maybe next time can charge deluxe membership liaoz... ;p Maybe $20 for deluxe membership.

jsbn said:
Unbelievable. :bigeyes: I dunno that CS is so popular.
Maybe next time can charge deluxe membership liaoz... ;p Maybe $20 for deluxe membership.
Not really.. EDMW more popular still :bsmilie:

Hmm... i thought there is a way to prevent web crawlers / spiders from "caching" a site? :think:

Try not to open too many internet windows & playing online game at the same time.

dEthANGeL said:
Hmm... i thought there is a way to prevent web crawlers / spiders from "caching" a site? :think:
Put a robots.txt into the public_html I believe. But crawlers can still ignore it I believe. :think:

espn said:
Put a robots.txt into the public_html I believe. But crawlers can still ignore it I believe. :think:

Yeap ... believe that is so ... don't tell me now the crawlers / spiders are so advanced that they know how to ignore the file? :sweat: ... lost touch on this already ...

dEthANGeL said:
I never robot this site leh, and I never did that to any site! ;p

PS:

Now I know ESPN and JSBN are different persons. :think:

rayblade said:
Try not to open too many internet windows & playing online game at the same time.
Maybe if u can write a script that opens 1000 windows for Clubsnap and refreshing them simultaneously, it will crash the server? :think:

dRebelXT said:
I never robot this site leh, and I never did that to any site!

PS:

Now I know ESPN and JSBN are different persons.
After like 2yrs in Clubsnap u still dunno the difference between espn and jsbn? Die... Die... I go and tiao lao oredi. :cry:

dEthANGeL said:
Yeap ... believe that is so ... don't tell me now the crawlers / spiders are so advanced that they know how to ignore the file? :sweat: ... lost touch on this already ...
The last one I used gave me an option to ignore robots.txt :sweat:

jsbn said:
After like 2yrs in Clubsnap u still dunno the difference between espn and jsbn? Die... Die... I go and tiao lao oredi. :cry:
Wah lao... I'm linked to jsbn, si beh no face ah!!! Die ah!!!!!!!!

j/k

:bsmilie:

No doubt my camera now is using Nikon lens, but compared to the Pro, I'm still like 20yrs short. :(

jsbn said:
No doubt my camera now is using Nikon lens, but compared to the Pro, I'm still like 20yrs short. :(
NB....

jsbn :kok: :kok:

We are now one of the same kind using the same mount of lenses. Body name abit different only, wad's with all the koking on the brotherhood? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.