Clubsnap Slide Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger

Jul 17, 2002
Singapore
simone.clubsnap.org
How about a slide show on an evening or weekend for Clubsnappers? Any suggestions?

At the moment, I've got a good quote from a friend for one of the hotels in the Marina (Sq) area for a nice Break-up room for 20-25 persons+, Theatre style/U-shaped with and without coffee/tea facilities. Sorry can't post price, too sticky. Just let me know of your thoughts and suggestions.

At this moment, we are keen to know if any of you happen to have a cheap/FOC more or less central locations that we could use for a slide show. Or just any suggestions. Projectors will be provided by for. It's more on space for about 20+ people and location.

Many thanks.

Originally posted by Dagger
How about a slide show on an evening or weekend for Clubsnappers? Any suggestions?

At the moment, I've got a good quote from a friend for one of the hotels in the Marina (Sq) area for a nice Break-up room for 20-25 persons+, Theatre style/U-shaped with and without coffee/tea facilities. Sorry can't post price, too sticky. Just let me know of your thoughts and suggestions.

At this moment, we are keen to know if any of you happen to have a cheap/FOC more or less central locations that we could use for a slide show. Or just any suggestions. Projectors will be provided by for. It's more on space for about 20+ people and location.

Many thanks.
how abt the Esplanade?
:p

What about the seminar rooms at NTUC or SAFRA? Should be more affordable than hotel?

Hi

good idea. would be a good chance for those in ClubSnap who don't have slide scanners to show off their work.

sounds like a good time for a gathering and chit chat session as well!

i just attended a slide show last sunday in the open air outside Bukit Timah nature reserve visitors centre. Yes, it had stopped raining by then. :)

Originally posted by Bluestrike

how abt the Esplanade?
:p
Are you kidding? Do you mean indoors or outdoors? Indoors is out of the question as it's too costly (have double checked with a contact there).

Originally posted by chkoch
What about the seminar rooms at NTUC or SAFRA? Should be more affordable than hotel?
Checked with NTUC this afternoon. They wanted a hundred over dollars for a little not very well furbished room. Didn't think if SAFRA, any ideas, anyone?

Originally posted by erwinx
i just attended a slide show last sunday in the open air outside Bukit Timah nature reserve visitors centre. Yes, it had stopped raining by then. :)
Though about it, nice place, but felt it was a bit out of the way in terms of direct frequent public transport. Here, we are looking at people arriving/leaving at irregular timings and minimise transport waiting time. Also considered some walking distance and security at night hours. Example location : Peninsula Foodcourt. Comments please.

Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

good idea. would be a good chance for those in ClubSnap who don't have slide scanners to show off their work.

sounds like a good time for a gathering and chit chat session as well!

Yes indeed. That's the idea! We can also do slide mounting sessions with those who are new to it and other stuffs.

:gbounce: to slide mounting lessons! too expensive to send in :)

Originally posted by Eraine
:gbounce: to slide mounting lessons! too expensive to send in :)

Let's see..... A box of 100 slide mounts costs about $8. That's $0.08 a piece. Mount 36 pieces and cost comes to $2.88. Lab mount is $4 only. That's just $1.12 extra. That's not a lot to pay for someone's time to mount 36 slides.

Of coz, if you don't mount everything, then it becomes cheaper. But I still find it easier to edit mounted slides than the filmstrip. But that's me. :)

Regards
CK

hmm. i must have been under the mis-impression that it was much more expensive. thanks for the clearing up CK and i still want to learn :)

1) I might have contact for a hall in little india, a theatre's studio space

2) I've used the substation a few times, not bad, around 20 people, but not more then that. Aircon now very powerful.

Originally posted by rueyloon
1) I might have contact for a hall in little india, a theatre's studio space

2) I've used the substation a few times, not bad, around 20 people, but not more then that. Aircon now very powerful.
This looks good. Do let us know when you have more info. Thanks Rueyloon. :gbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.