Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmund

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
Due to ongoing technical difficulties with our current Internet Data Centre, ClubSNAP will be relocating our servers on Saturday, 24th August 2002, and the site will be unavailable between 2pm and 6pm.

We trust that this move will provide a more reliable access for our members. We will continue to evaluate additional means to provide the best forum experience to ClubSNAP members.

just curious...is Clubsnap having its own server or paying to host at other's server?

Originally posted by Kho King
just curious...is Clubsnap having its own server or paying to host at other's server?

ClubSNAP is hosted on a Dedicated server.

At the same time, we have just invested in 3 more Dedicated Server which will be use to offer our members more Value Added Services

Originally posted by Simon

ClubSNAP is hosted on a Dedicated server.

At the same time, we have just invested in 3 more Dedicated Server which will be use to offer our members more Value Added Services

Out of curiosity, where is the Dedicated server housed at?
Singtel Data center at Tampine?
Anyway, thanks for the wonderful effort you guys put in. :thumbsup:

The move has been successful and ClubSNAP is up and running as at 5:38pm.

Hopefully, this will solve the issues that have been plaguing the SCV users and access will be restored to normal levels. If not, please let us know so that we can solve it as quickly as possible.

Enjoy!

another curious question. How much does it costs per year to maintain the server?

yeah! its back and its faster than before! well done guys! :thumbsup: ;)

another curious question. How much does it costs per year to maintain the server?

Few hundred per month, i guess.

Plus the hardwares and stuff. :)

Congratulation!!!!;)

back to speed and i think it is even faster than b4...

Yeah...
Kudos to those people who have really put in sweat, blood (and money) to make this project a success..

Actually, ever thought of seeking up ad sponsors?
Some small ones will do, and you guys can recoup the bandwidth costs....

All we have to do is make this forum grow...
But don't ever make it into a profit-driven place like HWZ! :)

The server is currently funded by contributing members. We also have had to decline a couple of other kind offers in the form of voluntary monetary contributions due to some complications that could arise.

Originally posted by SNAG
Yeah...
Kudos to those people who have really put in sweat, blood (and money) to make this project a success..

Actually, ever thought of seeking up ad sponsors?
Some small ones will do, and you guys can recoup the bandwidth costs....

All we have to do is make this forum grow...
But don't ever make it into a profit-driven place like HWZ! :)
Glad to see that ClubSNAP has been able to play a part (however small it may be) in helping the photograhic community grow and having a place to call our own.

As for ads and banners, we at ClubSNAP (and I'm sure I speak for most of us in this regard) would want to keep it free from those as they can be really irritating to have around (especially for pple who do not have large screen resolutions).

We are also currently studying other means of supporting bandwidth, hardware upgrade, ClubSNAP organised events costs.

Originally posted by Edmund
Glad to see that ClubSNAP has been able to play a part (however small it may be) in helping the photograhic community grow and having a place to call our own.

As for ads and banners, we at ClubSNAP (and I'm sure I speak for most of us in this regard) would want to keep it free from those as they can be really irritating to have around (especially for pple who do not have large screen resolutions).

We are also currently studying other means of supporting bandwidth, hardware upgrade, ClubSNAP organised events costs.

Hmm..
Sounds quite true.
Really hope that this does not burn a hole into you guys' pockets...

Thanks a million!

i have notice that all aged post have been removed after the sever has moved right?
so we dun get to see those past photos anymore?

Originally posted by AMDer
i have notice that all aged post have been removed after the sever has moved right?
so we dun get to see those past photos anymore?

They've never been removed. Go to any forum, look at the bottom...

There's an option allowing you to show threads beyond your current view.

Status
Not open for further replies.