ClubSNAP servers optimisation and tuning after migration

Edmund

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
Hi Everyone,

We have now migrated the bulk of our forums to a new server. More optimisation will be done in the weeks to come. Appreciate your patience while we work out any remaining teething problems and continue to tune our servers. :sweat:

Hi Everyone,

We have now migrated the bulk of our forums to a new server. More optimisation will be done in the weeks to come. Appreciate your patience while we work out any remaining teething problems and continue to tune our servers. :sweat:

woohoo! grats! go new hardware.. BTW is the search function usable already? TY!:thumbsup:

edit: i just tried, search still disabled. hehe

woohoo! grats! go new hardware.. BTW is the search function usable already? TY!:thumbsup:

edit: i just tried, search still disabled. hehe
We are monitoring performance for a while and will turn the search function back on after we are satisfied that the server can handle it. Stay tuned.

:thumbsup: The speed is fast. :cool:

great job admin.

hope this would mean that there won't be anymore "the server is busy" messages.

Update: We have turned on the Search function (yeah, let's live a little dangerously ;) ) and am continuing to monitor performance.

great job admin.

hope this would mean that there won't be anymore "the server is busy" messages.
If the current performance is anything to gauge, it will be a thing of the past, but we will continue to monitor and tweak. New servers will always need to be optimised to get the maximum performance even though the configurations are similiar.

If the current performance is anything to gauge, it will be a thing of the past, but we will continue to monitor and tweak. New servers will always need to be optimised to get the maximum performance even though the configurations are similiar.

Just curious, how many servers are Clubsnap running in the data centre? ;)

ok :p

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great work Admins! :)

tks alot.

great job!

wow great its back! Im not sure is it just me, but the pages do load blazingly faster now ! =D

great job guys!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

wow great its back! Im not sure is it just me, but the pages do load blazingly faster now ! =D
The pages should load faster as this is an 8-core Xeon server with 8GB memory running on performance-tuned RAID configuration.

;)

Thanks Darren.

Wah... my favourite 'New Post' button is back.
I have been having nightmare without it... haha..
Thanks, gentlemen!

thanks for the awesome work!