ClubSNAP Photography Mentorship Programme

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
ClubSNAP is conducting it first Photography Mentorship Programme! This is open to enthusiasts who are relatively new to Photography and who want to learn more about event photography. Participants will get access to many events and behind the scenes opportunities at Singapore Art Museum. And best of all, it is completely FOC except for some investment of time and learning.

See this thread for details and how to sign up:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1311732&p=8593594#post8593594

Daredevil123,

I have read the conditions.
What about those using semi DSLR? ie able to have limited manual setting to aperture openings and shuttle speeds.

I, too, just started this beginning of this year. If I did not come across Clubsnap, I could have given up after taking the first few shots.

Since then I have learnt many things after reading the forums here. But still not good enough.
In fact, I am so bad, until now I can't even post links to show photos here when forumers wanted to see my shots before offered more precise tips to improve.

Just side track abit.
Do we have camera hardware exhibitions like PC, HiFi or car shows where all the brands will be under one roof at the same time where consumers able to try or hands on?

Thank You

EisMann

Any age limits ? Old man already but still young at heart for photography.

will there be mentorship programs in other genres of photography too?

Daredevil123,

I have read the conditions.
What about those using semi DSLR? ie able to have limited manual setting to aperture openings and shuttle speeds.

I, too, just started this beginning of this year. If I did not come across Clubsnap, I could have given up after taking the first few shots.

Since then I have learnt many things after reading the forums here. But still not good enough.
In fact, I am so bad, until now I can't even post links to show photos here when forumers wanted to see my shots before offered more precise tips to improve.

Just side track abit.
Do we have camera hardware exhibitions like PC, HiFi or car shows where all the brands will be under one roof at the same time where consumers able to try or hands on?

Thank You

EisMann

I think I mentioned mirrorless cameras are also ok. But you need an external flash as well, to be able to do events confidently.

As for exhibitions/shows, I think it is better to just pop down to some showrooms to try them out. Courts, Harvey Norman also have a lot of display sets. Nikon, Canon and Fuji also have a lot of hands on sets for you to try at their service centers/showrooms.

Any age limits ? Old man already but still young at heart for photography.

No age limits. But you must be physically fit to be able to shoot fast paced events without any difficulty.

will there be mentorship programs in other genres of photography too?

We are not sure of that yet. I encourage you to take up some workshops and not wait. You can find them at our Workshops section.