ClubSNAP Photography Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
We are extremely pleased to announce a Photography Contest open to all registered members. Please read on for more details.

Contest Details
1. Contest will run for 6 weeks starting from 14th June to 8th August 2004, and will be divided into bi-weekly themes for submission purposes.
  • Theme 1 :: Rush Hour :: June 28th - July 11th
  • Theme 2 :: Movement :: July 12th - July 25th
  • Theme 3 :: Dreamscapes :: July 26th - August 8th

2. Members can submit ONE image per theme via email to contest_at_clubsnap.org (replace _at_ with @). Max Image Dimensions are 700 x 500 pixels and less than 100KB in size. We will be tracking entries by the member's real name, and will automatically disqualify any member attempting to enter with multiple names/nicks.

2.1 Entries for each theme must be received no later than midnight on the last day of the theme (eg. Rush Hour entries by midnight July 11th; Movement entries by midnight July 25th; Dreamscape entries by midnight August 8th) according to date/time stamp of email.

2.2. Each entry to include the following:-
  • Name (required)
  • Member Nick (required)
  • Title of Image (required)
  • Brief description/narrative (not more than 50 words) (optional)

3. Entries will be posted as they are received by the ClubSNAP Admins in charge of the contest_at_clubsnap.org (replace _at_ with @) email account (only the image, the title and description will be posted - the identity of the member who entered will not be revealed).

4. Moderators will be the judges for this Contest, and points will be awarded to each entry. Points will be awarded according to the following:-
  • Visual/Emotive Impact
  • Technical Competence
  • Originality

5. The winner will be the member with the highest total number of points at the end of the Contest and will receive :-

The PRIZE! - A Markins M1Q Ballhead worth S$425!!
m1q.jpg

Notes and Advise
1. As this is a PHOTOGRAPHY contest, some amount of post-processing (eg. color balance, brightness/contrast, sharpening) is allowable, but any image submitted which is evidently heavily post-processed (eg false colors, montages, collages, etc.) will be disqualified or marked down at the judges discretion.

2. All images remain copyright of the photographer and permission will be sought from owner for future publication of images.

3. Terms, conditions and rules/regulations may change, but we will give members ample notice if they do.

Updated 23rd June - revised email address to prevent spam in mailbox

Upz for Darren & the kind sponsor for the Markin's ballhead :thumbsup:

:cheergal: :cheergal: :cheergal:

NowI got to think of how much I should sell the ballhead. :angel:

clarification: the photos for the theme must be taken within the contest period or can be old pix?

oeyvind said:
clarification: the photos for the theme must be taken within the contest period or can be old pix?
Can be old pictures, just submitted within the Theme period, and of course, the photo must match the theme.

togu said:
:cheergal: :cheergal: :cheergal:

NowI got to think of how much I should sell the ballhead. :angel:
Hallo, you got to win the ballhead first ;)

And you forgot the clause, Moderators who enter are automatically disqualified from judging ... heh heh heh ....

And just in case members need more clarification, the winner will be the member who collects the MOST points overall combined for the 3 themes, thus you need to submit an entry for each of the themes to stand a greater chance.

Darren said:

And you forgot the clause, Moderators who enter are automatically disqualified from judging ... heh heh heh ....

What a waste, I gotta give up the ballhead then. :angel:

* togu give larry 500 slaps...

r the fotos only to be based in spore or can be shot elsewhere? thanx

samrex said:
r the fotos only to be based in spore or can be shot elsewhere? thanx
Can be from anywhere - as long as they fit the theme.

I think the deadlines were a bit too tight. Normally a contest should give at least one month for preparation. Like in this case, I cannot meet the deadlines to submit pics coz don't have time to shoot based on the themes :D Will it be possible to postpone for some time?

Just some suggestions. Maybe others also feel the same way.

tomshen said:
I think the deadlines were a bit too tight. Normally a contest should give at least one month for preparation. Like in this case, I cannot meet the deadlines to submit pics coz don't have time to shoot based on the themes :D Will it be possible to postpone for some time?

Just some suggestions. Maybe others also feel the same way.
Does anyone else feels the same way?

We structured this contest along the lines that the themes are fairly simple to shoot on a day-to-day basis, but gave enough interpretive leeway to allow for those who plan their shoot more elaborately.

Given that we are all (more or less) on digital today, the time needed to take images and improve is drastically shortened, thus we felt that two weeks was ample time.

But .. if members feel that two weeks per theme is too short, we can cut out one of the themes but still make the contest a 6-week contest, thus allowing 3 weeks per theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.